Mode Manager not firing correctly

Has this worked in the past on Saturday? Is this a new failure?

Settings
Name Type Value
atSunsetOffset21Evening number -30
atSunsetOffset22Evening number -30
atTime11Day time 09:00
atTime11Evening time 18:00
atTime11Night time 01:30
atTime12Evening time 18:30
atTime21Morning time 05:30
atTime22Morning time 07:00
daily bool true
days1Day enum ["Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"]
days1Evening enum ["Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday"]
days1Morning enum ["Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday"]
days1Movie enum ["Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"]
days1Night enum ["Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"]
days2Evening enum ["Sunday","Saturday"]
days2Morning enum ["Sunday","Saturday"]
ignoreModes enum ["Away","Movie"]
logging bool true
returnSensors capability.presenceSensor [K Phone], [J Phone]
time11Day enum A specific time
time11Evening enum A specific time
time11Morning enum Sunrise
time11Night enum A specific time
time12Evening enum A specific time
time12Morning enum Sunrise
time21Evening enum Sunset
time21Morning enum A specific time
time22Evening enum Sunset
time22Morning enum A specific time
type1Day enum Certain time
type1Evening enum Earlier of two times
type1Morning enum Earlier of two times
type1Movie enum Certain time
type1Night enum Certain time
type2Evening enum Earlier of two times
type2Morning enum Earlier of two times
useTimes bool false
Event Subscriptions
Source Event Handler Filter
Home (Location) sunsetTime beforeSunsetHandlerNew false
Home (Location) sunrise sunriseHandlerNew false
Home (Location) mode modeHandler false
Application State
Name Value
shadowMode Day
str Day: at 09:00 on Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Evening: Earlier of two times, 18:00 or Sunset -30 minutes on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Evening: Earlier of two times, 18:30 or Sunset -30 minutes on Sun, Sat Morning: Earlier of two times, Sunrise or 05:30 on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Morning: Earlier of two times, Sunrise or 07:00 on Sun, Sat Night: at 01:30 on Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat Modes to ignore time changes: Away, Movie
strP
strS
timeVarUpdate true
updated true
updateIgnore true
Scheduled Jobs
Handler Next Run Time Prev Run Time Status Schedule
timeHandlerNew 2022-05-07 18:30:00 EDT 2022-05-06 18:30:00 EDT PENDING 0 30 18 * * ?
timeHandlerNew 2022-05-07 19:43:00 EDT PENDING Once
timeHandlerNew 2022-05-08 05:30:00 EDT 2022-05-07 05:30:00 EDT PENDING 0 30 5 * * ?
timeHandlerNew 2022-05-07 19:43:00 EDT PENDING Once
timeHandlerNew 2022-05-08 01:30:00 EDT 2022-05-07 01:30:00 EDT PENDING 0 30 1 * * ?
timeHandlerNew 2022-05-08 07:00:00 EDT 2022-05-07 07:00:00 EDT PENDING 0 0 7 * * ?
timeHandlerNew 2022-05-07 18:00:00 EDT 2022-05-06 18:00:00 EDT PENDING 0 0 18 * * ?
timeHandlerNew 2022-05-08 09:00:00 EDT 2022-05-07 09:00:00 EDT PENDING 0 0 9 * * ?

The publish schedule in the original post has been in place since 2020. THe new failure on the sunrise on weekends started recently, perhaps several weeks ago. I am not positive when it failed as we typically wakeup before sunrise / 7am trigger and morning mode is triggered manually.
So in summary i am not positive when it began to fail, but i first noticed in the last three weeks.

Please see the private message I just sent to you.

Hi guys,

Am I the only one having problems with Modes???

Yesterday I noticed that some devices started acting weird, without a logical reason, and afer a while I detected that MODE changes is not working.

I´ve gone through all options on MODE MANAGER, but couldn´t notice anything wrong, besides the fact that I havent touched anything on that APP.

Any comments from the Hubitat Team?

Thanks.

Note: I´m on 2.3.2.125, Mode Manager Version 1.1.6 (5/22/2022)
Note 2: This is a copy of another message posted

For the past couple days, my mode manager is not working correctly, either. Specifically, I set the mode to "Day" at sunrise, and after sunrise it has still been set to "Night" mode.

This corresponds with update to v2.3.2.125

Open Logs page, and look at Location Events. See if there is a sunrise event at the right time. Also, be sure logging is on in Mode Manager. There was nothing in 2.3.2.125 that would have caused this.

Can you check if updating to 2.3.2.126 fixes the issue?

2 Likes

I just enabled logging for mode manager (typically have it off)... Hopefully I'll have something in the morning.

Yes, it is working again.

Thanks

1 Like

Not sure if this is related but I have not made any changes to my hub in over 6 months other then firmware updates. But recently I noticed that my Evening and Night modes seem to be having issues. The hub will switch from evening to night and then back to evening for some reason.

The issue started with the 2.3.2 series of updates, not sure exactly which one though.

Looks like the Night changes correctly, but there is an issue with the earlier of two times for the Evening mode. It fires at 7:30PM fine, but then after the Night mode changes, it fires the Evening mode again (interesting that it skipped the Evening mode the day before yesterday). There was a bug fix released for this issue with version 2.3.2.125. Be sure your hub is running the latest version. If it does, open the Mode Manager app, make a small change then (E.G set the Evening mode second time to Sunset + 25 instead of 30) then click done, and done to save the change. That way your schedules will be recreated.

Thanks, changing the offset to a different value and saving solved the issue.

@bravenel @bobbyD I've got a different problem.
Mode Manager is changing to Day/Night at Sunrise/Sunset, but it's not ignoring it when set to Away, so as I'm actually Away this means it's disarming HSM every day at Sunrise / Sunset!
Not exactly useful, as everything triggers off Mode changes!
It's a C7 running 2.3.2.134.

Do you have the option set to ignore time changes in Away mode?

Yes (and it's been like this since I set it up...)

It appears to suffer from the Sunrise setting, as again this morning I got the switch from Away to Day, so it's every day, not a one off.
Presence sensor and phone are Away and haven't changed state.
I checked the logs and it just says Shadow mode set to Day which then triggers HSM to disarm.

Remove this copy of it, and create it fresh. See if that fixes the problem. This is an odd thing, and no one else is reporting it, and the app is used a lot.

Not strictly true Mode changing when away - #26 by BrandonT
I've deleted the app and recreated it.

Removing seems to have fixed it, so thanks.