Mode Manager not firing correctly

Open Logs page, and look at Location Events. See if there is a sunrise event at the right time. Also, be sure logging is on in Mode Manager. There was nothing in 2.3.2.125 that would have caused this.

Can you check if updating to 2.3.2.126 fixes the issue?

2 Likes

I just enabled logging for mode manager (typically have it off)... Hopefully I'll have something in the morning.

Yes, it is working again.

Thanks

1 Like

Not sure if this is related but I have not made any changes to my hub in over 6 months other then firmware updates. But recently I noticed that my Evening and Night modes seem to be having issues. The hub will switch from evening to night and then back to evening for some reason.

The issue started with the 2.3.2 series of updates, not sure exactly which one though.

Looks like the Night changes correctly, but there is an issue with the earlier of two times for the Evening mode. It fires at 7:30PM fine, but then after the Night mode changes, it fires the Evening mode again (interesting that it skipped the Evening mode the day before yesterday). There was a bug fix released for this issue with version 2.3.2.125. Be sure your hub is running the latest version. If it does, open the Mode Manager app, make a small change then (E.G set the Evening mode second time to Sunset + 25 instead of 30) then click done, and done to save the change. That way your schedules will be recreated.

Thanks, changing the offset to a different value and saving solved the issue.

@bravenel @bobbyD I've got a different problem.
Mode Manager is changing to Day/Night at Sunrise/Sunset, but it's not ignoring it when set to Away, so as I'm actually Away this means it's disarming HSM every day at Sunrise / Sunset!
Not exactly useful, as everything triggers off Mode changes!
It's a C7 running 2.3.2.134.

Do you have the option set to ignore time changes in Away mode?

Yes (and it's been like this since I set it up...)

It appears to suffer from the Sunrise setting, as again this morning I got the switch from Away to Day, so it's every day, not a one off.
Presence sensor and phone are Away and haven't changed state.
I checked the logs and it just says Shadow mode set to Day which then triggers HSM to disarm.

Remove this copy of it, and create it fresh. See if that fixes the problem. This is an odd thing, and no one else is reporting it, and the app is used a lot.

Not strictly true Mode changing when away - #26 by BrandonT
I've deleted the app and recreated it.

Removing seems to have fixed it, so thanks.