Mobile app shows same device multiple times

So I am brand new to Hubitat C8. But, been a long, long long time user of home automation starting way back with X10, then moving to Vera, then to Smartthings. Now Hubitat.

I created a device and it works. Hurray!

However, I installed the mobile app on the iphone and a device shows up multiple times. Not grouped by room. It's literally repeated 3 times when I click the lights/switches icon of the app.

Basement
Basement Stair Light
No room assigned
Basement
Basement Stair Light
No room assigned
Basement
Basement Stair Light
No room assigned

Why??

I am in the exact same boat. Following for responses!

I found this thread. I did find that if I closed the app and came back, and scrolled slowly, I didn't encounter the issue.

Tagging @support_team, this is still an issue with Mobile app and gets brought up every week it seems.

5 Likes

Same issue here. I thought I had something configured improperly but the rooms view in the website look right vs the mobile app. In the mobile app I cannot open any room.

If you only have sensors in your rooms, they won't show up in the lights/switches tab in the mobile app. Only lights and switches show in the lights and switches section!

If you want those sensors to show in the mobile app, you will need to build a dashboard, or use the Dashboard tab in the mobile app if you already have created dashboards.

3 Likes

Ohhh, ok, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining that.

I think the UI would make more sense if it said something like "No lights or switches added, yet." instead of listing the rooms where they might be. Also, is it supposed to show so many repeats by rooms?

No that isn't normal. I don't think it is a consistent issue, some people have this and others don't. I am not sure of why some people have repeated devices and rooms.

Tagging @moncho1138 and @gopher.ny to look at the above.

It happens for me 100% of the time if I scroll quickly, I have a video of it either posted or PMed someplace. Only happens on iOS as well, not Android.

Also from seeing others post about it, I think it happens when they have a small number of devices that does not fill the screen, and then it gets into a repeating loop for some reason of displaying them over and over.

2 Likes

Same here. Not a big issue for me, I don’t have much use for that feature of the mobile app. But it’s very reproducible on iOS at least.

1 Like

Yeah same with me, I was just toying with the beta version. Did my due diligence of reporting the issue and making a screen recording of it, and it never got fixed :frowning: I use the iOS Home app for device controls, I only use the HE app for Smart Start, or maybe to get into a dashboard once and a great while.

2 Likes

Another possible clue: I don't see it mentioned above.
I notice that the 'loop' gets longer each time I leave the 'Lights/Switches' tab and then return to it.
First time there was just one set of 'rooms'. Second time I entered the tab, there was a second set (duplicated first). I checked until I got to 5 sets. Restarting the app resets the count to 1.

ref: ios 1.2.9 build 147 / 7 'rooms' with 10 devices total.

I Am getting the same with the room name
3 devices so I see all 3 3 times on 3 lines and 3 rooms all the same

I too am getting this same issue. iOS showing 3 times for everything. Been happening since I bought the C8. It makes that screen almost unusable besides just being annoying. Thought it might be fixed with iOS app updates but looks like it keeps getting missed.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s been any resolution to this. It may not be getting missed, just no fix as of yet :man_shrugging:.

I also have this problem on a brand new C-8 Pro with three rooms and six switches. Every time I switch to the Lights/Switches tab, another set of rooms shows up. Only fix is to force close the app, and open it again.