Mobile App Manager, Hubitat App on Android, and ">1024 char error" in log


I have been trying to track this issue down for weeks now. First I was getting this error from a dashboard app and the "Mobile App Manager" app. I used Device Data app to determine that the device with the attribute "Button" was coming from a child instance of "Virtual Keypad" app. I removed that app. I have recreated all my dashboards from scratch. I have removed, reinstalled, and rebuilt my Virtual Keypad from scratch. I STILL get the ">1024 character" error in my logs.

I have determined that it seems to have something to do with the mobile app. When I open the Hubitat mobile app on MY phone (an Android Pixel 5a), I get two instances of this error message generated by "Mobile App Manager" in my Hubitat log. When I open the Hubitat mobile app on my wife's phone (iPhone 13) there are no errors generated in the Hubitat log. We both have access to the same 2 dashboards on both of these devices.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Hubitat app on my phone, and it still produces this error in Hubitat when I open the app on my phone.

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening?

note app331 is "Mobile App Manager", which appears to be an internal built-in app that is part of Hubitat itself and there seems to be no other information I can gather about it.

Mobile App Manage is not a builtin app on my system,

I didn't know it was on mine until it threw an error in the log. I never installed it, and it seems to be hidden from all normal modes of view, so I assume it's just a built-in part of Hubitat that we normally don't interact with. If it didn't show up in my logs, I could never have found it.

Then perhaps creates/manages the Mobile Devices - those I have. Anyway, the string '1024' is worth searching the forum with.

I can't explain the different behaviour you have been seeing, but the 1024 character limit for attributes has been a restriction imposed by the HE dashboard app for at least the last 3-4 years I expect. You will need to try and narrow down to the device that is producing the larger attribute value and work out how best to limit that situation from happening.

Download the Hubitat app