Mobile App coming April 2019?

Per CNET the an Android or IOS app will be ready roughly around April this year.

1 Like

Man, I hope this is true. An app and Nest are the only things holding me back from moving the rest of my house to HE from ST.

You can use HubConnect to transfer your Nest to HE from ST, I was one of the privileged with Nest app in HE and I uninstalled it, it works better now using HubConnect.

Not sure what are you expecting from the term app, HE app doesn't look or works like ST app, I have the beta app and it gives you a dashboard link, you can do that from your phone browser anyway, and geofencing, maybe you use presence and that is something that you can transfer from ST to HE too with HubConnect.

1 Like

Why not use the NST Manager app that was ported from ST? I use it and it works without issue.

3 Likes

Is this fact or fiction? Will a native mobile app for Android and iPhone be released in April 2019?

Not sure if it will be this month, but back at CES when the C5 model was shown it was mentioned that the app would be out in April. That is where that time frame came from.

I'm not sure what they are waiting on. I have used the beta and it works really well. The only benefit to it is dashboard access and proximity detection. I don't use their dashboard so I personally only used it for notifications and proximity detection to show when I am home or leave. All of these things are possible with some other services anyway.

1 Like

This is all I am waiting for, I am trying to eliminate third party services/apps wherever possible.

1 Like

Is this real? April end is comming soon!

I watched a recent video interview. They said April was never a dead line that the Hubitat team made.

So who knows ?

What does the app do exactly?

@patrick has mentioned multiple times that the Mobile App will perform ~three main functions:

1. Mobile Presence
  2. Push Notifications
  3. Dashboard Access

Configuration of the Hub will continue to be via the Web Admin pages.

4 Likes

They should also have some type of log, I'm not talking full log, just a basic one. Like the time of when a door/window was opened or when a light was turned on or off or motion was activated.

1 Like

Can do this now from the dashboard by clicking the three dots on a device tile, then history.

2 Likes

I have everything in HomeKit anyway through HomeBridge Maker API, so don't see the need for a mobile app that just has a dashboard or push notifications. That is easy enough using Home on iOS or I imagine you could use Google Assistant if you are on Android or even Alexa's app.

For Proximity, as others have said, that is available through other means as well.

I was hoping the App would bring something new to the table.

Well knock me down with a wet kipper and call me Lucy!!
I never knew that. :smile:

3 Likes

For push notifications, it will be nice to have it integrated in Hubitat rather than having to load a separate app (Pushover) for this purpose. For presence, we use Iris V2 Smart Fobs which are very reliable. The app's presence feature would eliminate the need to carry these (or providing a 2-source presence for even better reliability). Dashboard access might mean a better view of the dashboard than is now available on my phone (at least I hope so). I am looking forward to the release of this app when it is ready. I'd be willing to help beta-test it.

I'm still not sure why they haven't released it yet. I have the beta from last year. It's pretty solid.

PushOver is an integrated device. The reason for the flexible devices is there are multiple configuration settings and child notifications available in PushOver.

Example:

• PushOver Everyone - assigned to all devices in my PushOver account
  • Admin Notification - assigned to only my device
  • Emergencies/alerts - assigned to all devices with a high priority
  • Door access after 10pm - assigned to just my wife and I to know if any kids decided to sneak out

This gives me a lot of flexibility to alert those who need to be alerted based alert type. My wife, kids and mother-in-law don’t need to receive notifications about things I am troubleshooting in the system. Also I don’t want the kids to know we know when the doors are opened/closed from 10pm-6am.

The beauty of PushOver in HE. :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks. I did not look into it that closely. Now I am going to have to do so.

Well this is a no show lol