Mjpeg camera with ptz?

I need a mjpeg camera with pan-tilt-zoom preferably a foscam camera that I can buy new right now that has support so that I can use the mjpeg url as the background of a link tile, and also use the foscam owler app to control it, and "ispy" to record it upon motion detection. Can someone please help me find a ptz camera from foscam that's available now with a mjpeg url? I have some old foscam ones that aren't available anymore that work great, God forbid companies could be consistent :frowning: anyone that has a foscam camera available new with a mjpeg url I would totally appreciate knowing what I can buy, I tried emailing foscam, but u know, they must be busy 🤷

Edit I literally have no idea what could possibly offend someone about this post. There's no way you can whine about this.

Most those cameras are End of life and not supported anymore.

I’d suggest checking the spec sheets for each camera on foscam’s website but IIRC, more recent cameras may not stream mjpeg.

That's sorta my issue, how can I embed regular video in a dashboard via a link? What camera can I view video from via a link in hubitat? Idrc how.

Or can I use something like angelcam to force regular cameras to have a mjpeg url?

I’m not familiar with angelcam, but if it can transcode your camera stream to mjpeg and serve a URL then it could work. Blue Iris is a popular option for doing that, but it requires an always-on Windows PC (it’s a very cool app though). NASes like QNAP or synology can also work.

I have a few different Hikvision cameras and they can directly stream mjpeg.

Is it free?

Blue Iris? No. It’s like $60 but if you want to do a lot with a multiple IP camera setup, including some pretty impressive integrations with Hubitat thanks to community developers, it’s totally worth it.

1 Like

Um, no it's not free--it's pirated software and it's screwing the developers who have probably invested thousands of man hours creating it.

6 Likes

Yup, I’m not a developer but you don’t need to be one to know that’s lame. You’re just stealing, plain and simple. If I had known that was your plan I would’ve never brought it up.

You can use blue Iris for a trial period. If it meets your needs then FFS pay the developers for what their time and effort is worth.

4 Likes

That is so lame. If the software meets your needs pay for the damn software. You were complaining that you couldn't find the software you wanted and then when you find it you decide to steal it? If you want free software develop it yourself, I'm sure your time isn't worth anything, right?

2 Likes

And before u bring it up, walking Into a movie without paying is trespassing and downloading the movie is not. If it's a good movie then they made money off franchised goods. Also my opinion.

Edit I absolutely have the right to express my discontent with the legal system or it's laws

Just in case you decide to delete these posts. I think I'll start a new topic and use these posts to start a conversation about your incorrect opinion. Copyright law is not an opinion.

And by the way downloading a pirated movie is also stealing and illegal.

2 Likes

Downloading pirated software = stealing. You can come to terms with it or (preferably) just don’t do it.

4 Likes

Nobody cares if you think the people that made the movie received sufficient money for it from other consumers. There are legal ways to watch movies and there are illegal ways to watch movies.

4 Likes

We can all come up with all kinds of rationalizations as to why we should be allowed to do things we don't agree with. But there's this funny thing called the law that seems to get in the way.

Let me know when your court date is. I'd love to be there to hear you explain your "opinion" to a judge.

2 Likes

We're hilarious? OK then.

Do whatever you want, it’s your life. If you have to delude yourself, I guess that’s up to you too.

So your saying that your opinion is inherently correct and mine is deluded because an organization of established authority said so. Trying to copyright digital items is like pissing in the wind. Any digital information can be sent anywhere in a second. Maybe your the one that needs to stop deluding themselves into thinking an outmoded system will actually function in today's day and age.

Um, yeah.