Missing Community Notifications

I got the notification to the announcement because I'm tracking the Categories:

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 8.48.33 AM

Those two green boxes under the title can be used to verify... just click on each and then click the Bell to the far right. Select Tracking, the bell icon will go green.

So am I. But, again, I did not get that one until after I posted.

Don't know why. I should have. It was hours old apparently.

1 Like

Yea, that was my last guess :smiley: as to why.

I stopped getting notifications on the release thread as well as of a few months ago. I don’t know why. It used to work.

4 Likes

Same, I used to get them and the last couple releases I haven't got notified. @bobbyD I think there is something going on with forum notifications.

1 Like

My recommendation is to set the category to "watching." There are no posts other than release notes in this category, so every notification is a post for a new release notes update.

1 Like

Like this, correct?
I set this three years ago and never changed it.

1 Like

Did you get my test notification earlier?

1 Like

No. But I did get the notification when @neonturbo replied to my post.

1 Like

I think he is looking into this.

The other way (which doesn't seem to be working either) is to subscribe to the whole subforum.

2 Likes

Me too. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The way you are showing it, you'd have to set each thread to "watching," so you couldn't have set 2.3.2 to watching three years ago, because the post has only been out for a few weeks.

If you set the subcategory to "Watching" as @neonturbo is showing above (which you likely have already done :slight_smile: ), then you don't need to mark individual threads when a new update is released.

2 Likes

I have the category set to watching and have for a while, I usually do NOT get any notifications.

2 Likes

All... I am going to make another test post under the 2.3.2 release, one more time. Please confirm that you get the notification.

2 Likes

This is how mine has been set for a couple of years now.

No email for the latest update.
I wasn't that fussed as I received a notification via Hubitat Information Driver.

2 Likes

Got that latest test.

Please confirm if you received the test notification.

1 Like

I got that one also, if you did not change anything it might only be working for top level and then replies don't work?

Nothing for me I'm afraid.

No email, no notification in the upper right corner, or neither?