Minoston 700-series plug-in dimmer

Fired up the Minoston driver again to check. It loaded with the Auto-On parameter set at 1. Don't know if it was leftover or if it loads default that way for some weird reason. Anyway, that fixed it

Setup this plug last week for a lamp in my sons room, using the generic z wave driver. Aside from the maximum brightness being 99%, I've also noticed really poor dimming. The difference in 50% and 100% (99%) is very minimal. I've also paired it to a pico remote to be used as a standard wall dimmer and the speed in which it dims is very quick, to the point where if you're not ready to let go at the perfect time it goes all the way to 0%. I use this same type of bulb in other areas of my house and they dim fine so I do not believe it's the bulb. I also previously had a zigbee bulb setup the same way and did not have these dimming issues. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've been experimenting with this as a sunrise/dawn lamp simulator plug (using Rule Machine).

It's been terrible. Inconsistent hub reporting and dimming changes and as mentioned, the difference in dimming levels isn't great. From what I've seen occasionally, it appears as if it just stops dimming and picks its own level.

I've only had it for a week. It's not dependable. It's going back to Amazon.