Migration Issues from Fibaro HC2 to HE C8

Hello HE Community,
I have been working with HE for about 3 days now. I am migrating away from the Fibaro Home Center 2 Hub to the Hubitat C8. The Fibaro Home Center 2 is a Z-Wave only hub so all my devices are Z-Wave. I have experienced a couple issues that with your help I can get solved and then move on with my migration.

1. I have several Aeotec DSB29-ZWUS sensors in my home. They learn in just fine but don't seem to work with the Hubitat C8 very well. I'm using the GENRIC Z-WAVE CONTACT DRIVER. One of the sensors worked for about a day and half and suddenly stopped working. Others don't report to the HE Hub at all. Is there a specific driver that works better for these sensors or should I just purchase new sensors?

2. I also have several Everspring SM103 Z-Wave contact sensors. They do learn in fine but none of them report back to HE Hub. Any suggestions on getting these to work would be appreciated.

3. I have (3) Z-Wave Door Locks. One is a Schlage and the other two are Kwikset. The Schlage works perfectly. Also works well with the Lock Code Manager app. However, I find that the Kwik set 910 locks learn in fine and seem to respond well, but the Lock Manager will not work at all. I can't add a user and a lock code at all. It seems to go through the steps but the user is never added. Also, when I try to add a family member to the Kwikset it says that there is already a user with the same name and lock code already on the existing Schlage lock. Does this mean that I can't use the same name and lock code on ALL the locks in my home. It's pretty inconvenient to have a different code for all the locks in my home.

I've migrated 9 devices out of 63 from my Fibaro Home Center 2 and have found that several devices don't work. Any assistance is appreciated.

Looking forward to working and communicating with all of you!

You need to add some mains powered devices so that the sensors have routes back to the hub. You may have created Z-Wave ghosts if you have failed pairings. Please post screen shot of your Z-Wave device table. Some older Schlage locks won't work well, if at all, with Hubitat.

Also review this:

Everything you mention sound like battery devices with no Repeaters mentioned. If the devices are in close proximity to the Hub, you can get a Direct connection, especially with the Antennas on the C-8. However, just a little too far or home construction materials might reduce the effective distance.

Please try Joining some mains powered devices, starting close to the Hub and working outward. Once all of those are joined, battery devices can be Joined.

Locks are tricky because the techniques Manufacturers use changed over the years. Initially they used "Whisper Join" to prevent a security issue. More recently manufactured Locks don't use whisper, but they don't do NWI (Network Wide Include) and they still insist on being close to Join. Then they are fine because a Beaming Router (virtually all modern mains powered devices have this feature) will get used.

I advise that you always begin a device Join activity with an Exclude from the Hubitat hub. If the Hub can exclude, it's a lot more likely to be a successful Include. An Exclude confirms that your hub, wherever it's located, can communicate to your ZWave device, wherever it's located. You should see an "Unknown device Excluded" message and you can go directly to an Include. Partially included devices don't work and quite often cause mesh instability and the symptoms you report are pretty similar, which is why we want to see your Device Table. :smiley:

Here is the DEVICE GRAPH. Sorry, I didn't mention that I did have serval light switches installed. Lights are working great. I have other sensors that working flawlessly as well. Still having issues with the Aeotec DSB29-ZWUS and Everspring contact sensors. Also, both Locks are working fine. I just can't get the LOCK CODE MANAGER to work with the Kwikset lock. After I get a few more swiches installed, I'll try to re-pair (learn in) the Kwik set Lock again,