Migrating Lutron to Hubitat

Hi all,

Like many, I was excited to receive my Hubitat earlier this week. I've since been migrating devices over but quickly found that in order to use Lutron devices I would need a Lutron Smart Bridge Pro (I only have the basic).

Is there any hope of not using the Pro Bridge to migrate in the future? I'm pretty disappointed. This might be the dealbreaker for me as the costs vs. benefit ratio is really suffering.

Thanks,
Jake

There isn't - unless Lutron provides a mechanism for a local integration with the Caseta Smartbridge. Currently, they only provide a mechanism for the SmartBridge Pro (and RA2, RA2 select).

1 Like

It's unlikely to become officially supported. The non-Pro Bridge lacks the official, documented telnet integration interface that Hubitat (and many other third-party systems) use to integrate with Lutron. Lutron is unlikely to change this (they seem to be big on software-differentiated tiers), and Hubitat is unlikely to create an unofficial, undocumented workaround to use a non-Pro Bridge via other means (which is not totally impossible if I'm looking correctly at what Home Assistant did, but not easy).

You used to be able to find a Smart Bridge Pro for under $100 USD easily. I see now that a frequent formerly-recommended source, Energy Avenue, now has them for $150 (probably close to the list price if not it). You may have better luck finding a used one on eBay or finding another first-party source with Google Shopping or another search engine...not sure what people have used lately. If you sell your existing Bridge, you'll at least make up part of the difference. I think it's worth it for Picos alone. :slight_smile: (But I'm sure it's even better for people with actual lights.)

1 Like

Check out this thread:

2 Likes

:point_up:
Mine should be in today's mail :slightly_smiling_face:

Later that same day...
Sadly, no. :unamused:

To make things worse, nobody is answering their phones. :cry:

Finally got through and learned that it's coming FedEx and was delayed. FedEx site says it'll be Monday. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks, that's an easier pill to swallow. I'll definitely look into this.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm looking at eBay as a solution.

1 Like

Lutron is processions my Pro to Pro2 swap. Find a Pro on EBay and call Lutron telling them you can’t set it up, they’ll send you the Pro2 for free.

1 Like

From Lutron or eBay? Hope you get it soon!

I found one for pretty cheap on eBay and ordered it today! I'll have to follow up once it arrives and I get in touch with Lutron

1 Like

I'm referring to the replacement from Lutron here. The "bad" one from E-bay arrived a week ago.

Thanks for the encouragement. It's all good. I just felt like being dramatic. :crazy_face: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes