If you want a lutron bridge pro for $30.,

Buy this and lutron will replace it free, Lutron L-BDGPRO-WH Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge Pro White - AS IS 784276091268 | eBay

I dont think this is immoral as i literally told lutron the truth. that i bought it from ebay to do just this, he was cool with it and said they have stock just for this. if anything not doing this "robs' a consumer. someone paid $100+ for this brick at some point

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. Was the replacement process quick and easy?

1 Like

Literally 8 mins. dont troubleshoot. just tellbthem the deal from the start

1 Like

Thanks!

2 Likes

Youre welcome. say "i bought a Brand new hub pro online. ot wouldnt register so i went online and read it becuase you no longer register the gen 1, is that the case?"

Thats what my mom said. For minE, i just flat out told them

1 Like

:rofl:

I :clap: your honesty!

1 Like

The way i see it, theyd be a real shady company not to do it. only very few hubs qualify. it was weird system they used. the jist is, they switched their backend not allowing any new devices on. the gen 1 actually werent end of life. itd be like apple saying we can no longer activate iphone xs. even if its brand new. im sure lutron is just doing this to avoid a lawsuit. someone paid $100+ for this brick

If for some reason they decline to replace the one I'm getting Friday I'll point out to them that I have none of their products and if I'm stuck with this bridge it'll stay that way. I've gambled much more than $30 on less useful items, that's for sure.

1 Like

me and people i know bought all 5 last time. were 5 of 5 In fact, I don't even think u need to wait until friday . I don't THINK he even checked. Just make sure you send one back

1 Like

You called 1-844-LUTRON1 (588-7661) ?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Yes from an unauthorized eBay reseller. I don’t see how that could ever translate to a successful lawsuit against Lutron.

But as you’ve discovered, Lutron customer support is so top notch that they’ve obviously decided they will replace old Caseta bridges no questions asked. That’s presumably to protect customers who don’t know any better from the schemes of unauthorized sellers.

IMHO you’re still taking advantage of their goodwill to get a discount you’re not really entitled to. But as you said, they don’t seem to care, so :man_shrugging:.

5 Likes

Lutron’s problem is you can still buy Gen1 bridges at seemingly authorized retailers (Amazon, Home Depot) and electrical wholesalers. As long as that’s true, I’m not sure how they could even entertain turning people away. They should have either continued to allow Gen1 registrations or swapped out the Gen1 units at the wholesaler and/or retailer level before blocking them.

Is it really possible to get them at Home Depot? On amazon it’d be a third party seller only...

Admittedly this is just a guess, but I’d be willing to bet Lutron did what they could to recall the old product from their distribution chain.

But since they probably knew they’d never get all the devices back from all unauthorized sellers, they went the extra mile for their customers, as they often do.

1 Like

I feel it doesn't really matter as these have 0 use, it's not like luton could have sold them at discount with "diminished Functionality" A consumer paid $120 for this.
while I agree with your "authorized Reseller" Point I feel it be more harm then good. The cost of rewriting t&c then hiring personnel to verify. theres only probaly a couple hundred of these devices at best. id bet they only lose $20 during the exchange as they probaly upgrade then resellnthese

I always assumed they have a warehouse in Pennsylvania that looks something like this:

Would be pretty cool to see what kinda goodies they store in there :upside_down_face:.

How’d it go?

Got the unit Friday, phoned, and I should have the replacement by next Friday.

I was very pleased with their reps. Very pleasant and helpful. I'll be getting more Lutron devices than I initially figured just to support a company like them. To clarify, I mean instead of devices from another company, not that I'll be stockpiling them. :rofl:

Oh, and I did tell them how I heard about the deal and where I bought the bridge.

2 Likes

Cool stuff, same experience. It’s a perfect example of catching more flies with honey than :poop:

That's a very odd emoji for vinegar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like