If you want a lutron bridge pro for $30.,

Pretty sure it doesn't work that way ......

4 Likes

I never got it with vinegar. Do flies like vinegar?

You never heard that? It must be a nyc thing. It’s probably top 3 common phrases here

1 Like
2 Likes

Must be. Having been around loads of poop, I can guarantee you that flies prefer it to honey (can’t lay eggs in honey) ....

2 Likes

cough cough found some more

Picked up another one. I’m at 70 devices, with a bag of Picos I haven’t set up yet. :grin: I’m sure I’ll find a use for it soon.

Is it possible to have multiple Smart Bridges play nice with one another? I've heard that interference isn't an issue, but more controlling cross-bridge is the issue, i.e. one Pico remote for example can't control a switch on a different bridge. Is it possible to circumvent this with hubitat?

Hmm, I wonder if they would send me a shiny new one to Thailand if I buy one of these....

Call 1st and ask

Worked for me. My unit received from eBay was brand new in box. They are sending a version 2 and told me to destroy the existing unit. If you call in, just tell them you spoke with tech support and were told to talk to a "caseta lead" because your unit is unable to register because it's not the version 2 device. Otherwise, you'll be dancing with tech support and resetting the device, etc. I was up front about buying from eBay.

2 Likes

Wow I have tried three times and keep getting told ebay is not an authorized seller and they will not help me.

1 Like

Really? First time. I’ve heard this

Indeed - I just finished another call where I got a bit more insistent and was told I got a manager. Same thing they insist ebay is not authorized seller and policy says they will not help.

Good thing I have not actually ordered one of these yet...

i just chalk it up to my painfully bad luck... :man_shrugging:

But did you buy it on Amazon though? I mean, heck, if they are telling you to destroy the old unit anyway, why bother even buying it? Just tell them you did to get one for free. If you're going to lie to get one, why not go all-in?

(For those who couldn't tell....#sarcasm)

2 Likes

To follow up and close out my experience...

The replacement was held up by something that affected FedEx but I did get it today and am playing with it.

EDIT: Along with the replacement bridge came a FedEx shipping label for returning the "bad" one.

Yea, I’m kinda regretting starting this thread now. When I started it, I told the truth and they made me send one back. This. Is now fraud

1 Like

My ebay unit arrived and was new. I called Techsupport and they told me I had to reach out to customer satisfaction group (customersatisfaction@lutron.com). After one email, 24 hrs later, they shipped a replacement unit. If you tell them that you have switches to install, it may go sooner. This really is razor/razor blade situation. The bridge is really enabler for you to install more switches (which will add up fast).

2 Likes

The whole thing made me uncomfortable from the start.

But I have to give you credit. By your description, you appear to have been up front with Lutron every time you’ve interacted with them, and I guess it’s up to them whether they want to send you a replacement Caseta Pro bridge v.2.

But it seems to me that the discussion has crossed a line to how to actively pull the wool over Lutron customer support’s eyes, just so people can save like 75 bucks on a Pro hub that’s entirely worth its current retail price. Even if that price is like $150, or whatever it’s going for these days even on energyavenue.com.

@bobbyD do you think this thread has outlived its usefulness?

1 Like