• application: 46
  • inClusters: 0003,0004,0005,0006,0702,0B04,E000,E001,0000
  • isMultiEP: true
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_qi44t5u6
  • model: TS0001
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • softwareBuild:
1 Like

I have read the reviews on this device and 7 or 8 people have said that it works fine with Hubitat but none of them said what driver they are using.

You have received a different device compared to the previous devices known to be sold by the same seller under 'MHCOZY' white label. This happens quite often with Chinese IoT gadgets.

There is no information on the net for TS0001 _TZ3000_qi44t5u6

The fingerprint contains power and energy reporting Zigbee clusters... Is energy reporting mentioned somewhere?

Nothing mentioned in the instructions about energy reporting.

How the external switch should behave is device-specific.. As this is a new device, the default setting is still unknown.

If you are willing to experiment, you can try this community driver :

There is a command to change the switch type between 'toggle', 'state', and 'momentary'.
This may work or may not work with your device.

Can you post a link to the seller’s page where you purchased the device?

Device was found here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095YWK6C1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm trying the Zemismart driver now. Hope I got the latest version.

1 Like

The Zemismart driver works the same as the others I've tried. Still no control with the wall switch.
There is a warning that I have not done -

IMPORTANT
In order to operate normally, please pair the device to HE after changing to this driver!

Your device most probably does not need pairing again.

Did you try the Switch Type command ?

Yes, I tried all three of the switch types.

There should be a leaflet with some instructions and diagrams… is there a diagram showing how the switch must be wired?

With the Debug preference turned on, do you see any response from the device when you try to change the switch mode?

I guess one thing you could test is wiring the module up to power, not having it joined to your hub (if you can figure out how to disassociate it now) and then just carefully shorting between those two screws on the far right and see if the bulb turns on and off.

1 Like

That might be worth a try as I could have screwed up the wiring somehow.

Its quite possible a wrong wiring to be the reason, but be careful and look at the diagram in the leaflet - every Tuya device wiring is different!

This image is the same as my wiring diagram.

1 Like

While he is working on testing that, can we have a quick conversation on these products. Have you figured out the corporate and/or manufacturing landscape of these Tuya and MHCOZY devices?

Tuya is the umbrella right?, MHCOZY is just one product, and there are multiple entities making the MHCOZY products thus the myriad of designs/instructions etc. ?

Not asking for a Thread Hijack, just one post reply on what you have figured out. Thanks.

I pulled the switch out of the wall and checked the wiring. It all looks good. I shorted s1 and s2 with no effect. That would be the same as flipping the toggle switch. However, I have not removed the device from Hubitat. Deleting the device and resetting it to factory is the only way I know of to remove it from Hubitat. I can try that next.

1 Like

The answer requires a long reply...

Shortly - my understanding is that MCHOZY is a reseller, they are not manufacturing the products they sell.

Tuya is not an umbrella for resellers and real manufacturers; Tuya provides the tools for developing the IoT products and the cloud infrastructure. Tuya makes money from the manufacturers for the use of their development platform, and for the use of the common 'Smart Life' mobile app, which makes it possible to design, develop, and certify with Tuya a new IoT product in just a few weeks, instead of months or years.

Tuya is also the hardware manufacturer of the Zigbee or BT or the WiFi modules, that are used by the real manufacturers to make a sellable product. They provide the Zigbee or TCPIP/WiFi library for the communication. Then the manufacturer adds an 'application' - what makes the product work as a switch or as a bulb, or as something else.

Tuya also probably produces a limited number of end devices - the Tuya Zigbee hubs may be an example.

What become clear for me in the last month, is that the new Matter Bridges labeled 'Zemismart M1', 'MOES Matter Bridge', etc, etc... are not products entirely developed by Zemismart or Moes. Probably, Zemismart/Moes have ordered the Matter bridges to Tuya with their logos and their plastic box design, but one thing is clear - neither Zemismart nor Moes are controlling the application software inside the bridges. In the beginning, it has been the Tuya software engineers who have converted some existing Zigbee devices based on the Tuya platform to Matter. At the moment, whether a new Tuya-based Zigbee device will be exposed via the Matter Bridges depends entirely on the manufacturers. And now we have the curious cases, where old Zigbee devices are exposed via the Metter bridges (because this has been done by Tuya during the 'certification' of their Matter gateway one year ago), but newly produced devices are not exposed via the Matter gateway - probably because there is no interest / no understanding to add this functionality from the companies, that order and sell the products .

2 Likes

I deleted the device from Hubitat and then reinstalled it. I did not restore it to factory specs, I don't know how to do that. When I paired it back with Hubitat, it used the Zemismart driver. Still no change when I short s1 and s2.