Meross MSG200 Setting up

Hi All,
I am new to Hubitat, and this is my first post and request for assistance.
I try to integrate Moross MSG200 garage door opener with HE as per the below instruction:
GitHub - ithinkdancan/hubitat-meross: Hubitat Drivers for Meross Smart Plugs
So far, I managed to upload the code and was able to obtain credentials as per the above post.
I have no clue how to generate the key for MSG200.
As I am new in this stuff, I would highly appreciate it if someone could walk me through the whole setup process in the simplest way possible (for Dummies).

1 Like

Welcome aboard the HE train.... :slight_smile:

I'm going to assume you are not familiar with Python / Linux, and to some extent I would count myself in that group, though I know enough to be dangerous :slight_smile:

Probably one for the dev to explain in more detail. Guessing @ithinkdancan is the one to answer your question...?

I started out thinking I would guide you through installing a driver and setting up a new device, but seems more specitic to this driver than I anticipated... If you are still stuck in a day or two, post back here and we can see what we can do to help.

Simon

Hi Simon,
Thank you for the replay. I have managed to install already few drivers, but this one is more difficult. Have no clue about Phyton/Linux.
Usually can follow detailed instructions, and most devices work as they should or are planned (it takes a lot of time and dedication :grin:). Unfortunately, this time is more challenging than usual (even google is clueless in this matter).
I would really appreciate any help.
Thx

1 Like

I know bit's a pieces of what they are talking about, but it does seem like a complicated process. Do you have a Raspberry Pi at all, or any other Linux device?

Hi Simon,
Unfortunately, I do not have any Linux devices. Do you know if it would be possible to connect Meross MSG200 through IFTT? Any other alternative for garage door controller with the status open/close?
Thank you so much for being so helpful so far.

I don't have any experience with Meross stuff myself, unfortunately, or automating my garage door (yet....). Hopefully someone else can help in that regard.

If you're interested in exploring garage door options other than Meross, search the community here for a term like "local control garage door opener" (or similar search-term variations) -- there are a lot of good threads/posts here along those lines.

Lots of good information came up again in the community fairly recently on the topic of garage door automation due to the MyQ cloud kerfuffle earlier this year.

1 Like

@mkarbarz76 what kind of operating system are you running? I didn't create the python script for generating the keys, but happy to help you get setup. step one may be just attempting to install Python on your computer. DM me if you'd like some more help

1 Like

@ithinkdancan . I am using windows 10 and already managed to install Python. I am using Meross MSG200. Thank you for your kind assistance.

I'm also looking for help, i have the MSG100 and am lost of how to proceed. I installed the driver, but don't understand how to get credentials (or if i need to for the 100 model)

Hey Folks, I converted the login script to javascript that can run in the browser

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ithinkdancan/hubitat-meross/main/login.js

1. goto https://iot.meross.com/v1/Auth/login
  2. right click on the page, click inspect and locate the console in Chrome Dev Tools
  3. paste in the script, update username and password, hit enter.

Let me know if this helps

Thank you for your help. Looks like the method obtaining key through Chrome works as I managed to get the key with no drama.
The other information userID, timestamp... I should get from the Chrome DevTool or HTTP catcher?
I tried both and the door does not responding to HE. What am I doing wrong?

The browser method should provide all those values. Though if your firmware is up to date all that matters is the key. Is there anything in the logs after hitting refresh?

Hi, I got all the values correct, but still no luck with getting some action.

Hey @mkarbarz76 did you end up fixing what was wrong? Iā€™m in the same state.

I was able to get it to work once, then nothing. The plug light does go to an alternating green/yellow for about a minute when I press the HE On/Off button but no change.

I have the feeling I am right on the verge --

@ithinkdancan
@mkarbarz76

Can you check the device logs and see if any messages came through?

Thanks for the response. I verified the IP, keys, etc. and redacted them

dev:1312022-08-08 20:41:59.079 warnNo route to host (Host unreachable)
dev:1312022-08-08 20:41:56.019 deb
User-Agent: Linux UPnP/1.0 Hubitat
HOST: (Redacted IP)
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 270

{"payload":{},"header":{"messageId":"(Redacted)","method":"GET","from":"http://(Redacted IP)/config","sign":"(Redacted)","namespace": "Appliance.System.All","triggerSrc":"iOSLocal","timestamp":(Redacted),"payloadVersion":1}}
dev:1312022-08-08 20:41:56.017 infoRefreshing
dev:1312022-08-08 20:40:59.079 warnNo route to host (Host unreachable)
dev:1312022-08-08 20:40:56.018 debugPOST /config HTTP/1.1
Accept: /

{"payload":{},"header":{"messageId":"(Redacted)","method":"GET","from":"http://(Redacted IP)/config","sign":"(Redacted)","namespace": "Appliance.System.All","triggerSrc":"iOSLocal","timestamp":(Redacted),"payloadVersion":1}}
dev:1312022-08-08 20:40:56.016 infoRefreshing
dev:1312022-08-08 20:39:59.079 warnNo route to host (Host unreachable)
dev:1312022-08-08 20:39:56.018 debugPOST /config HTTP/1.1
Accept: /

@ithinkdancan

:thinking: From my experience host unreachable usually means either you have the wrong IP or your Hubitat cannot reach the device.

Hi All,
New HE user (1 day old ... so please be kind )
Just got my first and only smart home HE yesterday. Limited to no Python/Linux knowledge, so it took a while to get the HE, User Apps, etc going. Thanks to this community page.

I could get the Meross Smart Plug going from @ithinkdancan using https://github.com/ithinkdancan/hubitat-meross.

But I can't seem to get the MSG100 Garage Door to work. I was able to run the driver module, get the Keys, Token, and then use the browser script to get the UUIDs. Thanks to @ajardolino3 and the post https://community.hubitat.com/t/meross-garage-opener/22860/42?u=user3951... super slick ! I was able to login to my router to get the IP address of the MSG100... Is that a correct way to get the IP?

Post that nothing... Current state has never updated and the logs indicate something that I can't understand. I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out a way forward. Can someone please guide me, I'm lost.

Log

BTW, when I ran the UUIDs browser script from @ajardolino3, all devices came with devIconId: 'device001', but the garage opener had devIconId: 'device039_un' (no idea if that means anything)