Mercator Ikuu

I don't know what the normal protocol is in these cases but I like seeing the discussion unfolding, especially with the troubleshooting advice which might be applicable for issues down the track.
Excited to see how you go with the wall switch.
On a side note, how does the switch feel? Does it feel like it is a quality item or has it been made to the cheapest price?

That may of not been the issue. It is a little unclear what specifically caused this issue, and without repeating the sequence of events, it could be pure speculation. Maybe the device itself needed time to initialise/sync with the zigbee mesh?

Fair enough. I will leave the posts there at this stage.

@bmildwaters, the switch feels solid. It is plastic vs the glass of the one I am replacing. I really do have to try to find a sparky on Brisbane northside who doesn't charge a call-out fee and can do it on their way home.

1 Like

Got this response from the Ikuu product team…

So it would seem we are on our own in terms of any interest or support… so buy and be careful

Has anyone tried pairing it with the hue bridge? Interested in the lights but prefer to keep them on hue

No hue lights here, sorry. Looking to replace some of my LIFX bulbs that never seemed to work properly,

Great news! The quad switch works with the Aurora Zigbee Switch driver.

2 Likes

That's awesome!! So I know it is VERY early days but how does it compare to your old Nue switches?

I much prefer the look of the Nue switch, but nothing wrong with the ikuu. I feel like it is slightly less reactive in the slight delay.

1 Like

this is great @saxnix , i was already in process of getting a handful of these devices to test, now at least i know the quad switch and at least one of the bulbs works fine. may be a good idea to keep a sticky post on this thread with the list of tested products and the drivers required to use them. i'm in bne too (but southside) so easy to compare notes :wink:

2 Likes

I plan to write specific drivers for these products if they are suitable… I’ll eventually have most of the products, but if you feel comfortable sending me a spare device, I’ll test it and write / update drivers for them. This will ensure they are specific for the device and don’t contain anything unusual that could stop them from working perfectly

4 Likes

thanks @gslender thats great news - a little suggestion if you could HPM them that would help greatly. i was going to ping @mike.maxwell to see if a hubitat-mercator support discussion has been initiated. Mike?
lastly, i'm meeting with my mercator rep on this new product line in a few days, if you have any specific questions i'm happy to help?

I did contact them and they don't seem interested...

I want to know if their Wifi enabled switches etc have a local API endpoint exposed. In their FAQ they say that its possible to turn the lights on/off etc when there is no internet access at the place of install as long as the Wifi is still running. So if there is a local API endpoint, it means I can write an app/driver for it :wink:

nice one @dcoghlan , thanks. couldn't agree more. especially because they have a nice range of ceiling fans, but didn't make any of them zigbee. and there is no way i want the ikuu cloud app to control it, otherwise i'd be posting on the smartthings pages :wink:

while i'm at it, i'll ask them if their devices can be loaded with Tasmota :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've ordered a 3 gang light switch and a double powerpoint and will see how they go - this is really promising!

Ikuu Classic Globe E27 White 9W 950lm

Discovery: yes (type: "Device")

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 52
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,1000,0008,0300
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • model: TS0501B
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_s1214rn5

Driver: Advanced Zigbee Bulb [seems to work perfectly]

2 Likes

Ikuu Walter Downlight 70mm CCT 7W 570lm

• application: 52
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,1000,0008,0300
  • model: TS0502B
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_wsql9i9w

Driver: Generic CT Bulb (Dev) [seems to work perfectly]

2 Likes

Ikuu Double Power Point with USB

• application: 4A
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0006,0702,0B04,EF00,0003
  • model: TS011F
  • powerCluster: 0B04
  • isMultiEP: true
  • manufacturer: _TZ3210_pfbzs1an

Driver: Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch [seems to work fine, not sure about the power measurement side though]

1 Like