Maker API

Without more information, the only thought is did you put access_token= at the end of your request? This error is typically syntax related. If you want to PM me the url I can take a look at it.

Or you can wait for the next release and we will have cloud and local endpoints in the app for you to use.

Ok first time I was being stupid and I forgot the HubID.... now I'm getting an Internal server Error:

https://cloud.hubitat.com/api/<HUB_ID>/apps/api/254/devices/338/on?access_token=

/api/ in twice ?

Yup. Now I get a "forbidden"....

which extra /api/ did you remove? Hopefully the second one.

Ok fixed...

api was left in the wrong position...

Guys make this simpler with the URL in the Maker API page :slight_smile:

Uh.. post 21 ?

1 Like

Yeah that's where I copied the beginning's of the URL from to start with... kinda hokey-pokey of copying a part of a url from a forum post then adding to that a piece from the Maker API screen then having to go back and double check and clean up.

Could be simpler of having the "Example" URL in the Maker API page like it is for the Device Info and Command Send URL

You gotta read the whole post! :smile:

1 Like

Or you could update the Wiki?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat_Maker_API

1 Like

You mean this link Hubitat™ Maker API - Hubitat Documentation ?

2 Likes

I guess my network provider must have cached a previous blank page a few minutes back.... :wink:

Well done guys..

1 Like

Now it's updated and documented for all :slight_smile:

Yeah yours and mine but I still have the original page up so I did do a double-take... so I know it was updated but Patrick is smooth like that :wink:

The Documentation Wiki index link points a different page than the one @patrick linked above. Should be an easy fix for @Pete or @patrick.

well you're right... the one Patrick linked has the little "TM" in the name Hubitat™_Maker_API where as the one on the Index page does not.... see I told you Patrick was Smooth :smile:

Yeah, the wiki index was created independently of the App Names. Maker API was fixed.

Anyone can sign up and become a contributor to the docs, just pm @Pete

This is exactly what I've been hoping for. Just whipped up a little control panel app for my wife's tablet, now she's finally excited.

The dashboard is what it is, but this allows completely customized controls.

Been very useful. Thanks

FYI /on and /off do not work as documented. I can use setLevel/100 and setLevel/0 but they aren't exactly the same. Can also use examples of setting color values for Hue.

It would be helpful if /devices/all or a /devices/values would provide the current values for all devices.

Of course, I still want a WebSocket or other notification API.

Looks like others have stumbled on to something regarding websocket notifications for device events...

1 Like