Make two or more devices into a "device"

The Situation: I have two floor lamps in my living room. Each holds two Sengled Zigbee white light bulbs.

What I want to do: I would like, if possible, to turn each set of two light bulbs into a single device. So, instead of "Dining Room Floor Lamp Upper" and "Dining Room Floor Lamp Lower" I can just have a single device name and give it the on/off or dimming instructions I want to give..

Thank you.

The Room Lighting app can do this -- I used it to create several groups like this. The corresponding "Activator Device" device becomes the single device that you can treat elsewhere as a... well, single device for simplicity's sake.

4 Likes

The also is a app called [ Mirror ] That might work for you ..
I use it for two living room lamps.

2 Likes

If your device(s) support associations, you can associate one with the other and turn on/off both at the same time

Thank all of you for the help; it's appreciated. I'll look into these solutions.

There's also the built-in "Groups and Scenes" app - the group/scene you create appears as a single device.

2 Likes

For OP, this is definitely also an option. And truth be told, G&S would be my first choice.

But Room Lighting is the heir apparent to the (legacy) G&S app, so you may be better served by just embracing it now over G&S. G&S is no longer being supported/updated by HE staff, and they could decide to fully deprecate/remove it at any time. Just food for thought.

2 Likes

Just including this here because it's not as well known as it probably should be, and it's thinking along similar lines. There are also apps that extend the capability to combine devices, including contact sensors, motion sensors, co sensors, smoke, temp, leak, locks, lux, switches, etc., which can be useful.

3 Likes

You're so right... I didn't know about that APP until you posted that comment... and just tried it out and it was exactly what I needed for a custom Webcore app I've been wanting to build. Thank you!

1 Like