Macrodroid controls google home

As most people know, lithium chemistry batteries prefer being used between 20-80%. I've set up a Macrodroid macro on my Ulefone Armor 8 to warn me when those parameters are reached by voice if the screen is off or by a notification if not.
However I have also set up a macro that at 85% does various things (bluetooth disconnect, vol+) and then tells Google Home to switch off the charger (charger being a zigbee socket running various phone chargers). It works perfectly :ok_hand:
If you get the syntax right you can use Macrodroid to tell Home or Alexa to do various things and amazingly enough this will work fine.

I don't know if anyone else has tried this but it might be of use to people on here, since theoretically it should be possible to set up various (phone) macros to control various things by voice - and geofencing the macros (only run at home) will stop them activating when you're are out or at work or whatever...

Let your phone do the work..

1 Like

Nice work. I do something similar with smart plugs used to charge one of my tablets, but handle it in HE. Your setup is a little more versatile if you have multiple places where you charge the phone.

I use Macrodroid in conjunction with Maker API and/or Rule Machine's cloud end point. Has been working great for me. If you throw in the power of KWGT you can do some very neat things: Power of Hubitat Elevation meets the power of Android!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.