Lutron ramp rate?

honsetly i dont know second all i know is its not the same ramp rate cause i can walk threw the hall and get to kitchen and the lights are ramping up. before it would see me and the lights would be already on

OK, so is it the Caseta device that is slow or something else? I don't have any Caseta to test with here today. @patrick has a house full of them.... I think he may help you figure it out.

1 Like

just seems wierd the app is way faster since thats still cloud

Yes, I agree that's weird. So something else may be going on.

1 Like

new to hubitat so its probably me no knowing how everything works just yet. spend most of the day yesterday trying to get this all going

Just getting caught up, but just tested mine. If I click on in "Devices" for a dimmer, it starts turning on immediately and ramps to 100% in under a second.

Let's get a base line. If you click "On", does the light start lighting up and ramping immediately or is there a delay before you see it light up?

Are you running webCoRE? It is known to slow hubs down considerably.

when mine is ramping i can watch the lights on the switch and they are slow to go up vs the lutron app is almost fast going up

i do have webcore installed

You might try this without webCore, and see if that is the cause. Also, open Logs, and see if something is throwing a lot of errors. Usually what we find with slow hubs is that some custom driver or app is trashing the hub. It sounds like you have a slow hub, but hard to tell without getting into it.

When you press the "on" button in the Administration UI of Hubitat, it sends the exact same command as the Lutron mobile app does. After that nothing from Hubitat controls the ramp rate or even gets anything back from the bridge until the light is on.

Also, just to confirm, the Device Info, Type of driver is "Lutron Dimmer" correct?

correct

So, just to confirm, when you press "On" in the device detail view of the dimmer. It turns on the exact same as if you pressed the dimmer physical on button or pressed on in the lutron mobile app?

no. when i hit on and watch the lights on the switch they go up considably slower than if i use the app

OK, this is confusing. Please try to be more precise about what you are comparing. Is there a difference in ramp up rate between hitting the on for the physical dimmer, and on in the device page?

when i hit the on in the device page. slow ramp up. if i use the app, fast.

Yes. What happens when you hit the physical switch on? Ramp rate same as app or device page?

its slow if i use webcore, rule machine or simple lighting with motion. using the physical switch is fast as the app

OK, and from device page is also the same slowness?

yes same slowness from the device page. setting different values u referred to early does nothing for me