Lutron RA2 Select or RadioRA 2 Essentials

There is a trick for this. Pair it to a phantom switch and make Hubitat use the device as the trigger. By phantom switch, I mean a device that is added, paired to the occ sensor, and then physically removed. The switch (which is no longer powered or even in your house) will still have it's state communicated over telnet. Expensive, but if you know somebody who also has Radio Ra 2 switches, it works. There does seem to be a delay though - if you have Hubitat use the Lutron sensor (which is actually the phantom switch) to turn on a real Lutron switch, it can take 3-4 seconds for the action to happen. Seems like the it's an issue with telnet - something is causing a delay.

Maybe I should back up and explain what I’m trying to do in this specific case with Lutron and Hubitat. I have Hue bulbs in a few rooms. I would like to program scenes to Pico Remotes to control the Hue bulbs using Hubitat, including dimmer and color settings. It was my impression that this could be done in Hubitat. Research there led me to requirement to obtain the Caseta Pro bridge. I’m almost at my limit with Caseta devices, so rather than throw more money at Caseta, I’m looking at stepping up to Radio RA2 instead.

Yes, once you have them added to the main repeater Hubitat can talk to them. However, you need to know their "integration id" number. Ordinarily you get this from the Essentials software. There is another method to find the number:

Connect to the main repeater with a telnet session from a terminal app on you PC. Credentials are username: lutron, password: integration. Then hit a button on one of your Picos or other devices. For a Pico you will see a message on telnet that looks like

~DEVICE,12,2,3

The 12 in that example is the integration id. The 2 is which button was pushed, and 3 means pushed.

Other devices may look like this:

~OUTPUT,5,1,100

In that one, the 5 is the integration id. This was a switch turned on.

Then you can setup the Lutron Integration app, giving the devices names, identifying them with the integration id, and selecting what type of device it is. This creates virtual devices in the Hubitat system that correspond to the Lutron devices, and behave accordingly.

Perfect, thanks for that explanation, all clear now... just ordered my HE