Lutron Integration - help setting up telnet

I've just received my HE today and am migrating off of ST.
So far so good until I got to the Lutron Integration app.

From what I can tell on prior threads in this forum, I'm supposed to be able to

1. Enable Telnet
  2. Run an Integration support

I'm on a Pixel 3 version 6.5.0 of the Lutron Caseta app.
I've explored all the options including the help, account, advanced, and integrations. I see neither of these capabilities within the app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have the Pro version of the hub ?

What is the model number of your Lutron bridge? Is it L-BDGPRO2 or L-BDG2?

If you have a pro hub it's under Settings - Advanced.

You must have the Pro version of the hub to have the Telnet integration option.

Wow 3 replies already! Thanks everyone
I guess the issue is I have the L-BDG2 model, and not the pro model.
Had the base model for a year or so now. Guess it is time to shop!

Energy Avenue has the cheapest pro hub I've seen. And you can get free shipping with code FREESHIP18.

https://www.energyavenue.com/Lutron/L-BDGPRO2-WH

4 Likes

Energy Avenue in Nevada generally has the Pro hub for around US $88.00

You are fast!

1 Like

There are two BIG advantages to the Hubitat-to-Lutron Caseta integration. The local connection is one, but also it can support multiple Lutron Pro hubs if you need more than 50 Lutron devices. It is my understanding that the cloud integration only supports one Caseta hub.

1 Like

I don't know about the cloud integration only supporting one but I know that the cloud integration on ST left a LOT to be desired in terms of response time. One thing to note with the multiple Lutron Hubs....the Lutron App only allows one hub per email. So, don't drive yourself nuts trying to figure out how to add a second...just log out and use a second email when logging in and create your second hub under that email.

I never saw it (because I didn't have any Lutron when I was on SmartThings) but I think the issue is the SmartThings integration only supports one e-mail address hence one Caseta hub.

Others who know more, please chime in to correct or substantiate!

So without the pro version I cant use my lutron switches with hubitat? Wow is that a major buzzkill. May just mean continuing with ST/Webcore etc vs spending 130$ more on another device

That is correct you must have the Pro hub because the Hubitat Integration is completely local, extremely fast, via Telnet interface. You won’t have the lag you may experience today with the cloud to cloud integration. As mentioned above Energy Avenue has the hub cheaper than most.

I was skeptical making the investment too because I needed a solution to replace my Minimotes and I now have close to 30 Lutron products. It can be addicting since the Picos can be mounted to a wall and look like a light switch. I’ve been able to put them where I could never physically run wires.

1 Like

FWIW, you can get the Caseta Pro hub for far less than that. I picked up one on eBay for ~$70.

I picked it up on ebay for 90$ w free shipping... I understand the reasoning behind it... doesnt make suck any less to have to pop another hundy on a hub, which I hate doing anyway.
THat makes
ST Hub
Sylvania hub (un-used)
Lutron HUb x 2
HUe Hub x 2
My Q hub
Blink HUb
HUbitat Hub

Sure im missing something haha

Hopefully you bought a SmartBridge Pro2. The original Pro model, new in the box, will not connect to Lutron and receive updates. Lutron has been helping people out in this situation by exchanging the Pro for Pro2 model.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, just in case. :wink:

My favorite source for Lutron gear, Energy Avenue, sells the Caseta Pro2 Hub (brand new) for $97.06.

1 Like

I wonder if they still are honoring free shipping with the FREESHIP18 code? :thinking: Now that I can add another 25 devices to my SmartBridge Pro2, sounds like I need to go shopping! :joy:

It appears the SHIPFREE18 code does still work for free shipping from Energy Avenue.

I can confirm that it does. However, I did notice that EA finally bumped their Lutron prices up closer to what you pay at Home Depot. For example the plug-in dimmer with Pico used be something like $41 and now it's $48. Still a great deal but not quite as great as it was. But EA remains my favorite source for Caseta also. And if you're looking for non-white picos they are the best. They even have the very cool (and expensive) night-light pico that glows in the dark. :slight_smile:

1 Like