Lowes IRIS Transition

I have determined that the internal radio for this door is Zigbee, not Z-Wave. I am hoping that someday, Alexa will be able to work with this door as well. To be able to tell Alex, open/close the dog door -- that would be great but I am not having a lot of hope for this feature or even the door, any more.

I found this with a quick search of the SmartThings community and it saved to Hubitat without any changes. Try installing this as a driver
Petsafe Dog Door,
then pair the door and see if it works. I don't have one but this may get you started.

1 Like

Long time Iris user also. Just ordered my hubitat and hoping for g2 hub support. hate throwing away functioning components.

Welcome to Hubitat. I imagine you'll find it different, having so many choices. Or rather, forced to pick among many choices. :smiley:

Welcome to the Era of rapid technology change. :frowning: I bet we all have a bucket or two of obsolete, yet fully functional technology. Your Iris v2 devices will probably just work. It's the v1 devices that don't.

1 Like

I'm a former Iris user myself (about 3 years ago). All of the second generation Iris devices (and newer) will work just fine with Hubitat.

Welcome aboard!

WELP!!!

I knew I'd have to tinker eventually but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. My new hub won't populate within the portal. I've emailed support and created a new topic here:

Any help is much appreciated but for now the score is

IRIS: 1 - HE: 0

FIXED! Not exactly sure what happened but I suspect that my router was at fault.

@CAG Most likely you powered it on before the ethernet cable was plugged in. I did the same thing with the one my dad a few days ago.

@damon.dinsmore That would make more sense than a router firmware update.

Still shouldnā€™t lock you out of the unit though.
Oh and I wouldnā€™t be backing Iris V Hubitat. One of those has already thrown in the towel. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::blush:

3 Likes

It's not locking him out, it just wouldn't show up for him to register. Once booted without network connectivity it would likely get a 169.x.x.x address and need to be rebooted in order for DHCP to get a valid local LAN address

1 Like

Ever heard of going out on top? :rofl:

G2 hub support? I'm not sure what you are talking about. The Hubitat Environment (HE) is your new hub and runs circles around Iris. The Iris hub without their server running after March will be completely useless. I was a Gen 1 Iris user and had to ditch the old motion and door sensors. I have a couple of Gen 2 keypads hooked up and all of my old Z-wave and Zigbee devices. Use the Hubitat Safety Monitor (HSM) for alarm functions and then play with the Rule Machine (RM) and Dashboard for everything else.

I'm using some Iris door/window and motion sensors that I purchased in the US early last year and they're working brilliantly with just my Hubitat hub.
I do not have an Iris hub !

Hi All,

Another Iris user here. I received my Hubitat last week and have time this weekend to start making the switch. This might be a dumb question, but what is the easiest way to transfer devices and know where they are located? Iā€™m assuming I need to remove all my devices from Iris and then search for them in Hubitat, I have Iris V2 sensors on all my doors and windows, and want to label each one in the correct location. Should I pull all the batteries out of them before I start and search for them one at a time as I install the batteries back in, or is there a way to discover them all at once and tell them apart?

Iā€™m excited to get up and running on Hubitat, I did hours of reading about all of the comparable systems and in the end chose Hubitat over SmartThings. This community group factored into that decision, so thanks in advance!

Welcome to the community. I was an Iris user since the Gen 1 and was unable to bring my motion and door sensors over. As for bringing devices over, just do one at a time. The link below is a good read if you have a lot of z-wave devices to add.

2 Likes

When you remove devices from the Iris hub, some of them go into inclusion as soon as they are removed. I would recommed removing the batteries after removing the devices from Iris and putting them back in as you add the devices to Hubitat.

2 Likes

Someone else had this happen yesterday and posted a thread. It could be the power before Ethernet cable so it gets an APIPA IP address, but I thought I remember reading that the initial boot up takes a bit.

I would assume it would t take too long for the hub to look for a DHCP lease again, but maybe not as fast as some peopleā€™s ability to try and access the portal.

A question for an ex-IRIS person: I am about to start switching my IRIS system to Hubitat. I want to transition a GE in-wall ZWave switch. Does anyone know if, in the IRIS App, I should use the "Remove ZWave Devices" button in their Zwave tools first, or should I just just their generic "Remove This Device" button on the device's "more" page? Will it make any difference to Hubitat later? I will do a factory reset too. I keep hearing how difficult this operation can be. Want to do it "right".

I've been using "Remove this Device" for every device and havent had any issues when pairing with Hubitat.