Log and display the status of a private boolean?

Is there a way to log the status of a private boolean? Can the true / false state of a private boolean be displayed on the dashboard?

I think? Through the wizardry of this awesome app: [RELEASE] Sensor Groups+ - #121 by ywavebee
I am having a rule do this to tell me the status of various sensors:

I can see it in the rule. What I'm trying to find out if there is a way to see its status change in the logs and also if there is a way for a dashboard tile to display the boolean's current true/false status.

Private Boolean itself is not exposed to Dashboards (the meaning of "private"). You'd have to set a Hub Variable to expose it, and a Hub Variable could be used instead of Private Boolean in the same contexts. If you turn on Action logging for a rule, it will show the changes made to Private Boolean or Hub Variables.

2 Likes

I create a global variable 'Boolean type', then expose it to your dashboard, next create a new tile and change tile type to variable select your variable the click done.
You will see the status of your variable and can also change the state from the tile.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.