Lock Code Manager

I just switched all my devices over from a Smartthings Hub to a new C-7 Hubitat Hub and the last device was the Schlage Camelot (BE469) Z-Wave Lock. Here are a few tips I discovered in getting the lock paired and user codes re-installed.

First, delete the lock device from Smartthings using their mobile app. When you do so, the ST app will wait for you to configure the Schlage lock for Z-Wave exclusion. What you need to do, is enter the programming code for the lock in the keypad, then press 0. You should then get a green check mark on the keypad indicating success.

What I did next, was to factory reset the lock. You do this by removing the cover to the battery, retract the lock bolt (unlocked position), and disconnect the battery. Press the Schlage button several times to discharge any stored electricity.

Next, hold down the Schlage button on the keypad and reconnect the battery, waiting for the green check mark to flash 3 times before releasing the Schlage button. Enter the original programming code finish the setup.

For my lock, the factory reset changed the number of lock code digits to 4, when I really wanted 6 digits. So, I used the programming code + 8 + 6 + 6 which then gave me 2 green check mark blinks and 2 beeps.

Time to pair the lock with the Hubitat Hub. From the Hubitat app tap the "Discovery Devices" button then the "Z-Wave" button. Next tap the "Start Z-Wave Inclusion" button to have the hub scan for Z-Wave devices.

On the Schlage keypad, type in the programming code + 0 which should start the pairing process. You should very shortly see the new lock device in the Hubitat App. Pairing success!

Now, normally you would enter the codes using the programming code and keypad. But instead I used the Lock Code Manager (LCM) app which is a Hubitat built-in app. But before you start entering door lock codes, make sure you extend the lock bolt (locked position). This is very important otherwise your codes won't transfer from LCM to the lock.

Now, you should be able to enter code numbers and associated names which will be transferred to the lock. Be patient, as it takes a few minutes for the transfer to occur. You can check the log messages to check when all the codes. you've entered are sent.

So, hopefully some of you will find these tips helpful.

5 Likes

Hi, maybe I missed it in this thread but how I can delete LCM and get it to remove all of the stored values in it? i.e. Right now I don't have two of the locks any more. They died and I'm replacing them. I went into LCM and tried removing the codes for those locks but the removal was stuck in a "pending" state. Then I decided I was going to delete LCM and start over. I went to delete the app and then add it back but that just pulled in all the previous values.

I'd like to delete it, clear all the previous values and just start over. What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks for the help

I am having similar issues...I can change/update/delete/add any users - it just says pending and then eventually fails.

I tried deleting the app...I do when I add it back the existing users/codes are still there...

LCM doesn't store any lock codes, it just reads codes from any existing lock driver events..
If a lock is no longer functional, you would need to delete it from Hubitat to remove any codes.

So I have 3 yale locks and 1 schlage...when I moved to Hubitat - I had problems with them until I installed repeaters since then everything has been fine...except the battery life on one Yale lock. I had to replace batteries 4 times and the othe locks are still aboe 95%. therefore, I decided to exclude/add back that lock - I read that this can 'reset' the device and stop it from 'searching' killing battery life...Once i did this, my problems started....I could no longer use the lock manager to manage the other locks - updates failed...did all kinds of things...so I finally excluded all the locks, factory reset them...and I still cannot add them back...nothing. I followed the post by SmartHomePrimer and still nothing. I have tried over, and over...rebooted the hub, tried again...they worked fine for a year...now nothing. Any ideas?

Dave

Any suggestions on how to get the locks to pair ? I have tried and tried...they don't get picked up and they are within 10' of the hub.

Dave

Dave, it’s a little hard to offer suggestions without knowing what hub version and hub firmware version you have.

zigbee pair fine wherever.. for the zwave locks.. i took them off the door (the guts work without being installed) and paired right next to the hub.

And which model Schlage? I don’t have the Yale, So won’t be able to help on that; do have BE469NX and BE469ZP Schlage. Sounds like your issue isn’t a Lock Code Manager issue (the subject of this thread), but a device pairing issue with C-5 and firmware 2.2.3.135.

2.2.3.135 seems to have inclusion issues with Z-Wave (my new C-7 is staying powered but unused, no devices until things stabilize). I’d suggest going back to an earlier firmware that worked for you, do the inclusion, then, if you want, restore a later firmware that you have been using successfully.

I had non-functioning locks on the .135 update that you are also on. (C5 too) Maybe it is related?

My Schlage is a BE469NX and my Yales are YRD446. Since I have 3 yales - I have spend most of my time work on those...only did a brief attemp ton the Schlage but will try again..

Just tried enrolling the schlage several times - I am within 10' of the hub...no go.

Wait for the FW release that is expected this week, it may help w/your issues, and will generally provide a lot of Z-Wave cleanup.

I've paired the same Schlage lock, took the hub to within three feet of the lock and it paired immediately. This was with an older version of the FW, 135 is a hot mess for me and many others.

So I'd suggest you take a breather and try again w/the next FW release.

I pulled out my zooz stick and enrolled one of the locks on the first try....

1 Like

Roll back to the previous update and see what happens. That fixed it for people including me in that thread I linked above.

Ok..will try that today.

THanks,

Dave

I rolled back several versions trying each time...my current version is 2.2.1.116 and no luck...

Dave

So I tried again today..and Magically I can add them back...I am still rolled back...will finish up then roll forward...

1 Like

Thank you for this, it solved my problem!!!

Seeing an error message in logs.

I went through every user and they all have a name, code and lock assigned.