Litter box warning 🚦

FYI figuring out the checksum wouldn’t just make this integrate. You’d still need to setup a network sniffer to grab the UDP packets and pass it along to hubitat. This is doable but not as simple as “install this app on HE,” you’d need to setup a raspberry pi with an mitm proxy and have it in a position where it can grab the litter robot traffic. So doable but not trivial.

What is the contact monitoring?

Whether the bonnet has been removed. Closed = Bonnet is in place. It will show as a status code of BR.

After reflection upon @Bear's and @forlornlawngnome's comments, I revised my rules to manage the Litter Robot. The revised rules are in the Rule Repository, here:

Is there a reason you didn't do lastStatusCode "contains DF" and instead wrote out a condition for each state of DF1, DF2, and DFS?

@672southmain

Not really. I just went through the status codes in the driver. As a remark, “contains” probably takes longer to execute than a straight compare, and, to me, a listing of the codes seems clearer because it matches the driver.

Fair enough! With two litter boxes it just felt like so many clicks to create 6 conditions vs 2 :smiley:

You can just create one rule and clone it. What a luxury to have that many cats! It takes Thor and Loki about 4 days or so to fill the litter drawer.

Many of us have requested copy/paste for a range of repeated actions, but, apparently, from remarks that @bravenel has made, that’s a difficult thing to implement. What we see as the “listing” is only a representation of the underlying mechanics of the rule.

:smiley: No just 2, one of whom is super fussy and would rather poop on a blanket to prove a point than potentially go in a dirty litter box. And a husband who would rather only empty about once a week :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Perhaps two husbands would be an alternate solution, so each one could just empty a single litter box once a week.

1 Like

:rofl: that might be more expensive than the second litter robot!

2 Likes

So my Litter Robot HE integration was working great until about 2 days ago. Since then, the Litter Robot Manager App gives an error of 'Access forbidden: invalid API key'. :frowning: I originally used the app from @dman2306 and now it's just stopped working. I can log into my Litter-Robot account without any issues, so the username/password are correct. My Litter-Robot is also functioning correctly, as I can cycle it via the mobile app, and it's definitely talking to their cloud. It's just the issue with the HE app at this point from what I can tell. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and I even restored my hub to five days ago to see if something changed along the line, but no joy. I'm using the HE Package Mgr as well. I see in the app code that there's an API key, but I don't know if that's one that was hard coded in, or was put in when I originally logged in. Either way, it's not working. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my API key refreshed (or even where I can find it)? Up until now, it's been working great for me. Thanks.

It was just fixed by @dman2306 (Dominic Meglio) tonight to address changes that Litter Robot made to their API. Details on how to get back going are in my post here:

Thanks @672southmain, I was able to perform all of the steps and successfully test and confirm that everything is back to working like it was. Automation is great, but when it breaks it really stresses me out for some reason. Kinda like a drug addiction. :slight_smile: Thanks again!

There are twelve-step AA (Automations Anonymous) programs to help with that.

You are very welcome. Pay it forward, help other struggling users.

Looking at the dashboard you posted, the tiles on the left with cat paws, are they a "presence" sensor indication? If so can you provide any information on that? I'm looking for a way to keep track of which of our cats are in the garage. Its a "catio" of sorts for our little gang and I cannot eve be sure who has been allowed out there or has snuck out there undetected. I tried to do a BTLE tag and RaspberryPi Zero W but had less than stellar results (cheap tags off Amazon). But I'm willing to buy good hardware for tracking the cats if it works decently. I would like to have a dedicated smart color bulb be lit when any cat is in the garage so that we are aware and do not open any of the garage/s external doors.

Yes, they are. We have the Sure Pet pet door, with the port of the integration to Hubitat by Dominick Meglio (@dman2306).

See my post here:

See also my post here about the two line change (lines 694 and 695) that is needed to the app if you are on Hubitat firmware 2.3.0.x: