List of Good Zigbee Repeaters

Got the repeater wired into place this arvo. It paired easily and it looks to be routing the 1st sensor that I hoped it would (an Iris motion).
I removed the Iris motion sensor from Hubitat, then turned it off for 30 minutes before re-pairing it. It had been inconsistently working and I suspect it is too far from the Hubitat hub.

Parent child parameters 29/06/2019 (2.30pm)

EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=5, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data
child:[Bi-Fold Door, ACAF, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[IRIS Keypad, 2358, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Master Bedroom Motion, A667, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[External Temp. Sensor, BC02, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Front Door Sensor, E5B1, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Repeater #1, 81BE], LQI:221, age:4, inCost:5, outCost:7
[Lounge Wall Washer, AAE4], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Repeater #1, 81BE] via [Repeater #1, 81BE]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Cupboard Motion, 3A97] via [Repeater #1, 81BE]

Happy days of monitoring the performance to come. :+1:

1 Like

silly question, but are the UK version of the Tradfri repeaters the same as the US ones ?
I guess zigbee is zigbee so it should be right.

Yep, same same, the world over.

2 Likes

I've gone with these Australian zigbee plugs, a little easier/more portable than hard wiring those switches.

"Nue ZigBee Smart Outlet Socket Plug"

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07L6Y9H8K/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_ACglDb70WN3QC

1 Like

hi all,

Im also in the uk and looking to get good coverage for zigbee zwave and wifi and then get a hubitat to bring it together.

currently have hue and bridge , smarthings sensors and hub and nest and loads of google minis and google home .

i was really interested in the smarthings wifi . as i am in a bungalow putting a mesh into the loft feels like the best solution . but

can get smarthings wifi mesh in uk and doesmit work well with hubitat

is there something better

i dont want a bunch of plugs as repeaters in the loft ..

thoughts ?

Nice. Since the current non-Zigbee 3.0 Xiaomi do not follow the Zigbee 1.2 spec, they are not compatible with all repeaters. Do you have Xiaomi devices? Can you confirm if the ones you have are compatible repeaters? Asking for friends :wink:

zigbee 3.0

For those of you in EU with socket type f (Sweden, Germany, Netherlands etc) I can highly recommend Innr SP 120 outlet which is a good Zigbee repeater and also have power measurement.
https://shop.innrlighting.com/en/shop/134/smart-plug-

I have all my in-wall dimmers (Ubisys & Sunricher), IKEA lamps, HUE lamps & sensors, Xiaomi devices, Innr & Osram outlets, Iris Keypad & sensors connected directly to the hub without any problems. Zigbee is rock solid thanks to my Innr outlets which are spread around the house and have been on any hub actually, And as a side note my hub is in a closed closet in the far end corner of my house so it's all about the mesh!

Z-Wave on the other hand is another sorry story even though have have dozens of mains powered devices also all over the house...

Where did you get these logs from? I also want to see what my repeaters are doing but not sure where to get this detailed information from (Zigbee Logs provide a much more limited logging compared to what you have)

Have you tried your mod to create a dry relay on of the OnOff controller? I also have a couple of use cases for an isolated contact.

http://hubitat_ip_address/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

2 Likes

No, sorry, not yet. I got it installed as a repeater and havenโ€™t gone back to it.
But youโ€™ve now reminded me so.....watch this space. :yum:

Hi @muxa,
Thanks. Your prompt got me off my butt and on to modding the Repeater.
It was super easy.
Just 4 cuts with a sharp chisel, knife or dremel then solder in a small wire link as shown below.
Note:
Make sure the cuts on the top surface (component side) are directly above the cuts in the bottom side (solder side). There are "through holes" linking both sides.

1a 2a

It works a treat !
A good Zigbee repeater with a single Dry contact output. :-):+1::smirk:

Please do not attempt this if you are at all unsure about what you are doing or have no experience working with electronics and electrical circuits. Electricity can be deadly !
Be careful at all times. If you are at all unsure - stop !

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Here's what my output looks like:

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=1, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data
child:[Motion and light sensor in living room, F981, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Kids room, 0817], LQI:250, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:4
[CC2531 router, 2400], LQI:169, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Master Bedroom Dimmer, 3AF5], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:7
[Sofa projector, 3B85], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Guest Bathroom, B15D], LQI:253, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:7
[Sofa light, EEC1], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Master Bedroom Dimmer, 3AF5] via [Guest Bathroom, B15D]

I don't understand the following:

1. Is Child Data for devices directly connected to Hubitat? I have several other battery powered devices that are not listed
  2. How to I see the "full picture" with all the child devices?
  3. CC2531 router has not been connected for more than 24 hours now. Why is it still showing?
  4. Does Neighbor Table Entry list all the routers?
  5. Does Route Table Entry list the indirect routes? I.e. routers connected through other routers.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Great, thanks for the photos.

1 Like

I see that Ikea has a USB plug shown as Tradfri Signal Repeater. Do their Tradfri Wireless Control Outlet repeat too?
Do theirvbulbs repeat too?

Do you know if the Sylvania RGBW and Singled RGBW smart bulbs repeat?

Yes. It does.

No idea.

Yes, but they are terrible repeaters and play havoc with a zigbee network. In general bulbs make bad repeaters.

No. They are designed not to repeat. All of my bulbs are Sengleds. I used to have Osram/Sylvanias.

3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face: Thanks! Am using Sylvania for 2 bulbs. Moving to Sengled. Good to get verification of the non-repear status!!

1 Like

Do you know if any Samsung sensors repeat? I have the multipurpose, flood, and motion sensors (brand new).

No battery powered devices (i.e. zigbee end devices) repeat.

2 Likes