Linkind water leak detector $15

The 4 pack is now available and on sale for $52, after $5 coupon.

1 Like

Just ordered the 4 pack from Canada but on Amazon.com. total cdn shipped was $88. Not bad

Hope hubitat adds it officially

coreystup, were you able to get it to work with ST? I'm running into the same issue and was wondering if you ever figured it out.

Thanks!

Negative. I figured I'd retry once the Edge drivers for Zigbee leak sensors were available. Still working fine on HE.

I had no idea Edge was a thing now with SmartThings. Looks like a new way to publish drivers for these devices.

I just enrolled in the beta edge drivers, enabled Zigbee Leak Sensor, but sadly it still does not work. Either the sensor is too new not being recognized or that it uses a different protocol.

It's been years since I wrote my last device handler, maybe I'll have to get acquainted with the new architecture if I want this device to work (if time permits). I just love the fact that it's AAA though, sigh!

There is currently a $10 off coupon on the 4 pack of these

Original price $53, now $43 makes them just $10.75 each. Pretty hard to beat

2 Likes

Note that you can use the coupon multiple times across separate orders. And there is a $5 off (makes it $11.99) coupon on the 1 pack sensor if you only need one or two.

I ordered 8 more. I'm liking these much more than the Tuya TS0207 sensors. The AAA batteries are cheaper and I always have them around, and testing shows the sensor works very well. The battery reporting frequency is adjustable and it reports back both voltage and percentage. Can't ask for much more in a leak sensor - as long as it identifies leaks!

@anhkiet I'm testing my ST driver for the Linkind Leak Sensor now. Seems to work fine so far.

1 Like

I'm using the system's built in Zigbee Moisture Sensor device driver that has neither of these options. I would like using these features. What driver are you using on HE?

Update: zigbee's firmware battery reporting in volts: min duration, max duration, and voltage change are adjustible, however most HE device drivers don't expose setting these options. IMHO zigbee battery % calculations are an educated guess at best.

2 Likes

I'm testing my own driver, although it doesn't allow the battery reporting frequency to be adjusted via the UI yet (its just hard coded to 60 minutes ATM). See Hubitat-CSS/devicetypes/csstup/linkind-leak-sensor.src/linkind-leak-sensor.groovy at main ยท csstup/Hubitat-CSS ยท GitHub. The developers appear to be working on a "Generic Zigbee Leak Sensor" (without temperature) and the Linkind and Tuya devices would both fall under that category. I didn't want to spend too much time on a driver if theirs would do everything I wanted it to do anyway. :slight_smile:

Yeah it seems the default driver only seemed to look at the voltage reports and then calculated for percentage. I'm sure there is a reason (most don't return percentage or it can't be trusted or just to make a unified driver). But in the case where a device does return battery percentage, I figured it was worth a try to see if it seemed "reasonable". In other words, did the device developers actually take the time to calculate a lookup table for their specific device, or does it just end up being something default/linear/silly like 3.0V = 100%, 1.5V = 50%. Lol. So for now I'm testing to see how it "feels" by reporting back both voltage and percentage and not doing any of my own calculations. We'll see.

1 Like

It's a clown show :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:
Also no consideration for various battery types: alkaline or rechargeable for example

3 Likes

keep in mind that the more reporting you configure a battery device to perform, the shorter that battery life is going to be....

2 Likes

Sure, I realize its a tradeoff. At the same time, for something like a leak sensor I'd like to know sooner rather than later that it's having trouble reporting in (or is dead). That's why having the flexibility to adjust the report frequency is nice.

And with the Linkind using AAA batteries, I'm fine with going thru a set every 6-12 months instead of 12-24. For my zwave leak sensors, I have those checking in every hour or so too and battery life has been very good (avg is over a year).

Thanks coreystup for your hubitat driver! Was able to get it to work on ST with some modifications. See github dfung/smartthings-dth (can't post a link for some reason). The device seems to be reporting wet and dry status as far as I can tell now.

Actually, I found your csstup/SmartThings-CSS handler. Haven't tested it but it looks similar to your HE driver.

1 Like

@coreystup, thank you for the update, I looked around at your github and found the ST version and it worked perfectly!

What was the major difference between your implementation and SmartSense Moisture Sensor? I tried manually setting it to SmartSense on my system and it did not work.

Yeah I'm testing on both ST and HE now. Looks like we both made similar ST versions!

Not sure, I didn't add debugging to the SmartSense driver to figure it out. Once I got my own driver working my curiosity level (and time) fell dramatically. :slight_smile:

Funny :). I know exactly how you feel. Thank you for doing the dirty work, I was about to embark on it last night but found out that you had already taken the plunge. If you're ever in the Seattle area, hit me up and I will buy you a beer/coffee (assuming I see your message).

1 Like

These sensors are on sale right now Amazon. $14 for one, $44 for a 4 pack. Be sure to clip the coupon):

PIR sensors are $15 (clip the $3 off coupon) at the same link.

3 Likes

$10 each for the leak sensors and contact sensors on Amazon

5 Likes

Oddly, I'm interested in this device's siren. Can I control the siren directly from the hubitat, as in some other trigger event makes the siren sound off? Or is it directly tied to the water sensor?