Remove Temp Sensor from Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor

I bought some THIRDREALITY Zigbee Water Leak Sensors. They take AAA, have an alarm, seem to work really well so far

When I set them up they got detected as a motion sensor (no temp), so I switched them over to moisture sensor and they show up correctly, however they now have a temperature sensor which doesn't work

This is annoying, as I'm passing the device through to HomeBridge, and so now I have a temperature sensor that reads 0 listed, with no way to remove it

Is there any way to remove it from the device in Hubitat?

Unless @mike.maxwell can whip something up, removing the temperature from a new version of the moisture sensor might require a custom driver.

If your using @tonesto7 Homebridge app you can filter out capabilities. If your using Dan’s version you can also filter out capabilities.

4 Likes

Well damn, I never noticed that before! That will work perfectly

Thank you for pointing that out!

Please post the fingerprint fo this, ill add it to a new moisture driver without temperature.

4 Likes

I'm not 100% sure how to get the fingerprint, but the fingerprint is mentioned here. Is this the information needed? This is the exact device

1 Like

Yes thanks, I seemed to have missed that post.

Awesome!

Are you able to add this one too if it's not too late? Unsure if its already been done

Another "leak, no temp" variant that would likely work with this new driver is the Tuya TS0207, which is also released under other names. I've been testing a driver for it and its pretty simple. Check it out @mike.maxwell at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/csstup/Hubitat-CSS/main/devicetypes/csstup/tuya-leak-sensor.src/tuya-leak-sensor.groovy

The Tuya leak sensor sends a combo battery percentage and voltage report every ~250 minutes and reports leaks as a IAS notification. Its similar to the Linkind which I've also been testing.

Let me know if I can fill in any details about either the TS0207 or the Linkind sensors!

if you've tested these and they work with any of the stock drivers, please post the fingerprint, driver it works with and the device name, thanks!

Here is the ones I was referring to, working great on Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor

3rdreality-2

I copied the picture from the thread, its the same

For the Linkind sensor:

fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId:"0104", inClusters: "0000,0001,0003,0020,0500,0B05", outClusters: "0019", model: "A001082", manufacturer: "LK", deviceJoinName: "Linkind Leak Sensor"

• This will work with the stock Zigbee Moisture Sensor driver but has a few differences
  • No temperature sensor
  • Allows for battery report configurations for both 0x0001/0x0020 (voltage) and 0x0001/0x0021 (percentage). Both allow for the normal expected ranges (0x3600, 0x3600, 1), etc. The built in driver appears to configure battery voltage (0x0001/0x0020) reports for every 12 hours, but doesn't configure percentage.
  • Battery voltage is reported as expected, where 27 = 2.7V.
  • Battery percentage is reported as expected where 200 = 100%, 100 = 50%, etc.
  • It has a hard coded long poll interval of 1200 qtr seconds (5 minutes), so waking it up to reconfigure requires re-pairing or some other mechanism.
  • My working test driver is at https://github.com/csstup/Hubitat-CSS/blob/main/devicetypes/csstup/linkind-leak-sensor.src/linkind-leak-sensor.groovy

Tuya Leak Sensor:

fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId:"0104", inClusters: "0000,0001,0003,0500,EF01", outClusters: "0003,0019", model: "TS0207", manufacturer: "_TYZB01_sqmd19i1", deviceJoinName: "Tuya Leak Sensor"       // TS0207
            fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId:"0104", inClusters: "0000,0001,0003,0500,EF01", outClusters: "0003,0019", model: "TS0207", manufacturer: "_TYZB01_o63ssaah", deviceJoinName: "Blitzwolf Leak Sensor"  // BlitzWolf BW-IS5
  • Works with the stock Zigbee Moisture Sensor but with a few differences
  • No temperature sensor
  • Has a hard coded battery report every 250 minutes or so (Its usually between 247 and 248 minutes). You can't query or change the battery reporting frequency.
  • The unsolicited battery report comes in as a single multi attribute result with both 0x0020 and 0x0021 attributes values enclosed. (I use additionalAttrs).
  • Battery voltage is reported as expected, where 27 = 2.7V
  • Battery percentage is reported as expected where 200 = 100%, etc.
  • It does no long polling of any kind.
  • My working test driver is at https://github.com/csstup/Hubitat-CSS/blob/main/devicetypes/csstup/tuya-leak-sensor.src/tuya-leak-sensor.groovy

Let me know if I can answer any questions or do any testing for either. Thanks!

Thanks for your work on this.

I just received a leak detector sold under the Moes brand name from Amazon that appears to be the same as the Blitzwolf/Tuya. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G676VN1) Here's the info...

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 40
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0001,0003,0500,0000
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • model: TS0207
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_t6jriawg

I added the following fingerprint line to my copy of your driver to test it...
fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId:"0104", inClusters: "0000,0001,0003,0500", outClusters: "0019,000A", model: "TS0207", manufacturer: "_TZ3000_t6jriawg", deviceJoinName: "Moes Leak Sensor" // Moes

Afterward I re-added the device.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to report wet conditions and shows dry even when placed in water. Any thoughts?

If you want to send me logs via PM, i'd be happy to take a look.
Send the following:
Log section of the device pairing
Log section of pressing the button (should send a current alarm status, ie leak or not)
Log section of placing the device in water.

Thanks!

Just realized, many months later, that I never updated that this was solved. After removing the battery and resetting the sensor, it started reporting. Maybe that's all it needed all along.