yes, real device is on the ‘link to hub’ hub and I want to control it from the ‘hub link’ hub.
How about support for sirens (& strobes)? Now that I've split the system across 2 hubs, I'm finding a need to activate sirens from either hub. I'm using the switch capability for the moment.
Thanks!
@bravenel While we are at it, I'm going to make a request. One of the things I most want to share right now are the Ring Floodlights from my ST hub. They are odd in that they have a motion sensor and a switch. When I select them from both categories (motion and switch) a virtual device is created in HE but only for motion. I was expecting two virtual devices but I guess there is a 1 device to 1 device relationship to keep things simple.
I either need that to change or I need a virtual device that is a motion sensor and a switch I think.
The only thing I can suggest in the short run is to create a virtual device on the ST side for the switch, and use an app there to synchronize the virtual switch to the real switch. Then include the motion sensor as a motion sensor, and the virtual switch as a switch. I think SmartLighting should be able to do the synchronization for you, so when the real switch turns on, it turns on the virtual switch.
@bravenel Any chance we could run a second instance of Link to Hub?
Not as it's designed. What's the need?
I currently have a bulb hub that mainly has bulbs but has a few other devices and my main hub that has most of my z-wave and zigbee devices (with the exception of bulbs). Currently I have hub link and link to hub sharing a few devices between both hubs.
I have been having issues with slow downs on my main hub that exhibits after aproximately 5 days of system uptime. In trying to isolate the issues I would like to move automations and chattier devices over to a new 3rd hub).
I appreciate your consideration and fully understand if this is a time consuming request to have it shot down. I realize the community Hub Connect application probably would fill this void, however I have been trying to hold off on additional 3rd party applications while I stabilize my current environment.
Welcome to the multi-hub club!
Glad you have everything up and running.