Can hub link mirror master hub location mode to remote hub?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I didn't find an answer with a few searches.

Is there a way to have a remote hub's location modes mirror the master hub using Hub Link/Link to hub. I see the option in Link to hub to send mode changes but I believe that is for sending the remote hub mode to the master, not the other way around?

I confess I've switched to HubConnect (which can do this, though I don't), so I'm not of much help here, but I'm guessing the answer is "no" based on your observations, so I might suggest a workaround I've used before: virtual switches. You can use Mode Manager (or a rule) to turn on modes when the switch is turned on, and you can use a rule or a custom app to turn off the other switches when another is turned on and sync the other way around, mode to switches. That would definitely work both ways.

Yes, that would work, I had thought of that, but I'm just curious if there is some built-in feature I was missing that allowed it? Hub connect is far too complex for what I'm doing.

Given the number of people that have gone with multiple hub setups it would be nice if hubitat staff created a more robust app to allow two way communication between hubitat (no cares if this worked with st or not) hubs.

Hub connect seems great. However with no way of knowing if community code is "good" I try to stay with the built in apps as much as possible.

@bravenel @mike.maxwell. is there any chance of getting something like this on the radar?

A handful of users on the forum is likely a very small percentage of total hub users (we undoubtedly skew our own perception), so staff may very well determine this is not worth the effort. Hub Link/Link to Hub does work, though it's more limited.

Caution with custom code is always warranted. But I don't think anyone has reported issues with HubConnect, and Mike even hinted once that he'd have used it if it were available when he set up his (I think) dedicated "bulb hub." I'd say it's a fairy safe bet at this point, and it's easy to disable apps (or devices) now should you need to.

You can use Hub Link and Link to Hub "back to back" also.

You install Hub Link and Link to Hub on BOTH hubs. (Total of 4 installs.) and link them one in each direction. Before HubConnect, that is how my 3 Hub setup worked. Of course it was missing all the Attributes that I wanted to "complete" the system.

I was curious about that, thanks