Link to Hub

I need facts that you have but I don't. What is the driver you are using?

It should be straight forward to add more supported devices. Thermostats are on the to-do list.

We're talking about the native Generic Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Driver. It is not selectable within Link to Hub except as a Contact Sensor. Obviously, then, it shows on the other hub as a Virtual Contact Sensor. We're looking for it to be bi-directional, similar perhaps to a Lock. Second choice would be a switch.

exactly. its the native garage door driver.

1 Like

@bravenel How would you recommend doing a device like a Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switch or Jasco Z-Wave Motion Dimmer? Those need switch (on/off), dimmer (for the dimmer model), and motion...

Or a GE Z-Wave Plus switch dimmer with user driver that exposes the hardware doubletap ability?

Or sirens?

Or chromecast devices?

You get the idea. I just wish the link system when from Hubitat hub to Hubitat hub would really replicate the device. Look at the commands/attributes on the actual device, and mirror them. No extra junk, no missing junk.

We have looked into a more generalized linkage system than the current Link-to-Hub/Hub-Link pair. At this point in time, it's a feature that would be for the benefit a small number of customers. Priorities being what they are, it's not near the top of the list at this time. Sorry I can't give you a better response than that.

That makes sense, and I understand and respect that reasoning.

Unless more people really want to start segregating user code to a single hub, or having multiple hubs to separate out zigbee traffic, etc - then it is likely a small % of the user base that would use this, and it would be a lot of work to do.

back to the single request though... any hope for a Virtual Garage Door driver to match the native Generic Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Driver ?

1 Like

I will look at it.

What's the arrangement? Where's the real device, Link to Hub hub? So need control back from other hub?

yes, real device is on the ‘link to hub’ hub and I want to control it from the ‘hub link’ hub.

How about support for sirens (& strobes)? Now that I've split the system across 2 hubs, I'm finding a need to activate sirens from either hub. I'm using the switch capability for the moment.

Thanks!

@bravenel While we are at it, I'm going to make a request. One of the things I most want to share right now are the Ring Floodlights from my ST hub. They are odd in that they have a motion sensor and a switch. When I select them from both categories (motion and switch) a virtual device is created in HE but only for motion. I was expecting two virtual devices but I guess there is a 1 device to 1 device relationship to keep things simple.

I either need that to change or I need a virtual device that is a motion sensor and a switch I think.

The only thing I can suggest in the short run is to create a virtual device on the ST side for the switch, and use an app there to synchronize the virtual switch to the real switch. Then include the motion sensor as a motion sensor, and the virtual switch as a switch. I think SmartLighting should be able to do the synchronization for you, so when the real switch turns on, it turns on the virtual switch.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Error message with HubAction

@bravenel Any chance we could run a second instance of Link to Hub?

Not as it's designed. What's the need?

I currently have a bulb hub that mainly has bulbs but has a few other devices and my main hub that has most of my z-wave and zigbee devices (with the exception of bulbs). Currently I have hub link and link to hub sharing a few devices between both hubs.

I have been having issues with slow downs on my main hub that exhibits after aproximately 5 days of system uptime. In trying to isolate the issues I would like to move automations and chattier devices over to a new 3rd hub).

I appreciate your consideration and fully understand if this is a time consuming request to have it shot down. I realize the community Hub Connect application probably would fill this void, however I have been trying to hold off on additional 3rd party applications while I stabilize my current environment.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/can-hub-link-mirror-master-hub-location-mode-to-remote-hub/19350/5

1 Like

Thanks @csteele and @srwhite. I went ahead and installed HubConnect today. Very nice work on the app and documentation.

1 Like

Welcome to the multi-hub club!

Glad you have everything up and running.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.