Linear Bulb LB60Z-1

I have two of these bulbs. They were the very first home automation items that I started with, They have always been excellent bulbs. Connected really easy in ST and always worked. However, I am having some difficulty with them in hubitat. They included fine but not sure which device driver to use as the one that I am using right now is not refreshing the status.

@pcgirl I think you already know the answer: :slight_smile:
"in ST and always worked" & " is not refreshing the status."

ST polled everything. HE polls nothing.

Add your bulb to ZWave Poller app, (as a dimmer) and you should see correct status.

OK, I will try that. It looks like the only ones that are available to be Polled in this app are Generic z-wave dimmers and Generic z-wave switch. So if you don't use one of these DH's then they don't show up in this app.

drivers with "smart" in the name are for ZWave Plus devices. ZWave Plus includes the rapid update offerings. As a result, the driver for them doesn't support the Poll command.

Well I have a Leviton DZPD3 Z-wave plus plug and it installed with the Generic z-wave plus driver but it isn't updating the status.

I have one of those about 3ft away.. I look at the back and it has just the old ZWave logo. Doesn't have a ZWave Plus logo.

10%20AM

Clearly, yours are newer than mine.

Actually, mine's so old, it has this antique logo:
30%20AM

Mine can't be manually controlled, only via Hubitat, and it does accurately show status for me.
59%20AM
29%20AM

Yeah I just bought mine last year. It is the z-wave plus but it doesn't update status. I am talking with support about it.

I do this too. I keep a z-wave micro relay behind the switch, as well. The gang box gets a bit crowded, but it's a relief to know I can kill the connection without flipping the breaker, or ripping out my switch, if I need to.

@pcgirl I switched to the "smart" driver and indeed, status is not accurate for the Leviton DZPD3.

I switched back and clicked On and even though it was On from the "smart test" the states updated correctly (to what I had set via the smart driver.)

Wow.. expensive light. :smiley:

3 "smart" devices in one path?

I thought my drawing from months ago was adequately obscure. :slight_smile:

A smart switch that isn't connected, but does "announce" physical changes, tied to a smart bulb.

If I had a need, because I have the Lutron SmartBridge PRo and lots of Pico's, I'd just wire nut the hots to keep the bulb on and the use a Pico wall mount. The box would almost be empty. Plenty of room for a relay :smiley:

I'll pay a good amount if it keeps the WAF levels high :wink: Thankfully, there's only one or two lights that need that, and the relays control two outputs each.

What smart switch are you using? The delay with my Leviton+ switches & dimmers is fast enough to be acceptable. My HS-WD200s were just a bit too delayed, though.

I started buying "smart" devices in 2014 and I have a mix of manufacturers. Most everything for me is motion activated, except for bedrooms. I haven't cracked the "there's someone sleeping - be nice" puzzle yet. Bedrooms all have a Pico mounted to the headboard using Command Strip, and those are the only places in the house where my family touches a switch of any kind.

I've heard good things about Inovelli, and so I bought one. It's the first switch (dimmer) purchase of 2018 for me. I need to circle around and start replacing the non-Plus devices and I'm hoping Inovelli = good enough at least. wouldn't mind better than that at all. :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure if you got the response you were looking for. I have six of the LB60Z-1 in my house and they work great. I'm using the Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer driver, Dimming is smooth and responsive. I've paid between $15-17 per bulbs when on sale.

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I just got one and am a little disappointed about this not reporting status thing. It is on digital changes too, not physical ones, which is the problem with Non-plus z-wave devices.

It has been working. It is quite some time now but I believe they did an update and there was a new driver. I use the Leviton Decor z-wave Plus Dimmer driver.

Well, I wonder why it picked the Generic Z-wave Smart Dimmer driver...that's odd. Thanks!!

Is that a custom driver? Because I'm not seeing it on the list.

Edit: Found it, It is a custom one. For anyone who reads this later and needs to find it:

Sorry about that! I have tried so many different things lately that when one is working I just forget about it and how I got it working!:wink: I also updated the firmware on that device.

Glad I didn't read this post before I started with HE! I have 10 of these (B601Z-1) bulbs and they're working fine. Using the Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer driver. Sometimes they display as relays and sometimes they use other devices as relays but routing info has been strange since the latest firmware update.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.