Like GE switches but not the price?

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Interchangeable-Repeater-Extender-Required/dp/B07B3LY1SJ

Just found this while searching for some switches and it looks just like the GE 14291 I already have. Anyone familiar with this brand and have any feedback? The reviews on Amazon look promising and say they're pretty much the same switch (made by Jasco, sold by another company)

I haven’t heard of anyone using them. That doesn’t mean they are bad, just haven’t heard of them. They are probably as good as GE and Honeywell that Jasco also makes.

A lot of people here like the Inovelli. I have used them, but I prefer the Eaton RF9600 series.

My suggestion: If it looks like it will do what you want, buy one and try it. We all do a lot of that. It helps us figure out what’s important to us. For instance, I and especially my wife don’t care if the device can perform 15 different functions based on how many times or ways you manipulate it.

Let us know how it works for you if you buy one. Someone else is probably wondering about them too. They’re just to shy to ask.

they are both made by jasco.. ge and honeywell

While yes they are both made by Jasco, I have read that people who tried them the Honeywell version did not have all the same features as the more expensive Enbrighten models. Now for most people it likely isn't an issue, but shouldn't expect they are identical for less money.

I went the Enbrighten route and have a house full of them, love them, zero issues.

I have bought a number of both the GE and the Honeywell. As near as I can tell, they are identical, with the exception of one or two logos on the back.

It's possible that the people who reported differences had received Gen1 of the Honeywell and Gen2 of the GE. I noticed that Honeywell didn't start shipping Gen2 until just recently. Before that, they were still shipping Gen1 switches and dimmers (with the metal "ears") even after GE had started shipping Gen2.

Since they look and behave identically, I now just order whichever one is cheaper at the time. (Which is often Honeywell.)

4 Likes

I have several of them intermixed with the ones with a GE logo. What @jwetzel1492 said is exactly right.

1 Like

Ive tried both and honestly you just can't beat Lutron.... It's worth the extra cost. They just work

1 Like

thanks all. upon more looking, i found the Gen2 GE switches for a few bucks more per switch. since I already have Gen1 GE switches, I wound up getting the GE switches

Yeah, the Gen2 are nice. The more compact size is much easier to fit in my old junction boxes. One warning: I have found occasional LED bulbs that work fine with the Gen1 GE dimmers, but flicker terribly with the Gen2 dimmers. So I keep some Gen1 dimmers around for those rooms. (I'd replace the bulbs, but they're built into self-contained can fixtures.)

1 Like

I'm using them, the only draw back is that you have to manually switch the driver in HE. The GE switch automatically picks the correct driver.

1 Like

Not only that, but went ahead and changed the box to say Enbrighten.

the big plus for me is the quick connect for the ground. the old ground connections on the gen 1 switch were a royal pain in the ■■■ to get connected. Especially when you cannot figure out which circuit to turn off and have to do it live :slight_smile:

2 Likes

interesting, i'll keep that in mind. i got on/off switches, so no dimmers. if worse comes to worse, i can always swap a Gen1 from another location into the new places and put the Gen2 elsewhere

are you using the GE driver? all of my Gen1 are in as Generic

If I remember right, I think I'm using a built-in driver for my Gen2s, and I'm using the driver from @JasonJoel for my Gen1s.

1 Like

are you using the GE driver? all of my Gen1 are in as Generic

Yeah, the Honeywell switches defaulted to Generic, but the GE driver works.

i'll have to give them a shot. i have all GE Gen1 right now

Very interesting! In my kitchen I have a Gen2 GE dimmer connected to a string of can lights and then a couple pendants above the island with built-in LED light fixture. The Ecolink LED bulbs in the cans dim perfectly, however the LED pendant fixtures flicker. Maybe this is the solution, and I need to try and locate a Gen1 dimmer to swap it out.

Don’t go with Gen1 load isn’t enough and causing issues. Just buy the Lutron or Aeotec bypass and connect it to your dimmer and problem solved.
https://www.amazon.com/Aeotec-Bypass-Resistor-switches-flickering/dp/B0716BDNFB

1 Like

Well the price is good. A few bucks cheaper then the GE ones. Looks like the Gen 2 GE model as well without the metal fins on the side. Might have to try some out and see how they do