Lightify Garden Spot Support

Good to hear from you. That's great news. Looks like a lot of folks haven't been so fortunate. Hope it moves along a lot faster. Heard it was only traveling at 2 MPH. Not good at all. Be safe.

1 Like

Wishing you all the best. We went throught Harvey Last year.. Blehhh

1 Like

Having a problem with my Garden Spots. Latest firmware loaded on ST before yesterday when I added them. Got them to pair after a few resets. On/Off works, setting color works. But NO refresh of data. Switch state just stays OFF regardless of light state. Can someone confirm that the refresh works?

I can't say if the refresh works but mine does report the change in status within about 3 seconds.

Could it be a ZigBee issue? Whenever I've had one way communication it was usually resolved with adding a repeater or removing a bad one.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure it was working for someone before I start messing about. I guess a good old zigbee 15 min rebuild might be worth a shot. It's only about 15' from the hub..but it is outside.

Mine do show a change in states in about 3-4 seconds as well. I had to did a zigbee repeater just cause they are kinda far away from my hub

Anyone notice the garden spots who used to have it on ST a little dimmer when connected to HE? The old ST driver had power settings in the driver which can be adjusted to accommodate longer strands.

Don't think I ever noticed to compare. I have 2 strands connected. However it might be worth looking at the driver if it has some specific settings over the generic RGB one included in HE

Following up as I just got a strand of these. My HE connected to them fine. I have a strong zigbee mesh with lots of Peanut repeaters. I’m using the generic zigbee rgb light driver and have hit ‘configure’ but I can’t seem to get the lights to turn off nor can I change the colors.

Curious what others have done to get these working (driver, etc).

Thanks!

I'm using the generic zigbee rgb light with mine. The colors can be off sometimes but I've been able to get close. But they work fine with it.

I've also seen issues with them going through repeaters. Do try them very close to the hub to rule that out.

Thank you for the info. I unpaired and re-paired it and now it works!

1 Like

Unfortunately, I need to re-pair mine on occasion. I have three and every once and a while one gets disconnected from hubitat. Same for the lightify bulbs.

This is probably the one thing smartthings still has over hubitat.......good support of lightify products. If hubitat got their act together and fixed support for lightify bulbs and gardenspots, it would finally check all boxes for me.

1 Like

I agree. It's nothing that ST offered.

There is this handler though that does support the Gardenspot lights. Not sure if the code monkeys here have looked into it or already have.

From what I remember of my SmartThings days, they didn't have the best support for the Gardenspot lights. I seem to recall having pairing issues and you couldn't get full use of the cycling of colors for instance. I ended up getting the Lightify gateway and just taking it out of the ST universe so I could have full control. That said, I'd love to see support for these in HE.

I'm glad this thread exists as it gives me hope, but i'm only shooting 50% here.

I've got two strings of the Gardenspot LEDs,

One set I paired on the first try and Hubitat saw it right away. Interestingly the strip was identified as "Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev)". Changing the Device Type to "Generic ZigBee RGB Light" gave me full control over on/off, color, and brightness.

The other set, got it into pairing mode after like 10 tries and Hubitat saw it, but it didn't know what type of device to make it out to be. I got frustrated trying to get it set up, so i had moved onto the other set (with the results noted above). Coming back to it I told Hubitat to "Remove Device" and tried to get it paired up again, never could get the bulbs back into pairing mode after a good 25-30 attempts. I figure I'll let them sit w/o power overnight and try again tomorrow.

I have a Peanut Zigbee repeating plug on the other side of the wall from the Gardenspot and have had no issues with the lights since I got it paired a few months ago. My anecdote doesn’t help your frustration unfortunately. If you don’t have any, the Peanut plugs are around $15 on Amazon last I bought some.

If anything, thanks for pointing me to that Peanut plug! I set up a few triggers with my new Hubitat and Wyze plugs, but the delay (through IFTTT) is annoying/unusable/unacceptable. That $15 plug should allow me to "keep it local" plug provide some more zigbee mesh action.

If the device was listed on the device listing then it had paired with hubitat. Otherwise it would not be listed.

This will not help. If the lights were not powered on when you removed them from the old hub, that is what they are going to continue to communicate with. This is referred to as zigbee orphan devices. What you need to do is a factory reset on the device itself.

1. Turn on
  2. Unplug from wall power for 5 seconds
  3. Plug into wall for 5 seconds
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, 5 times

That will put the device back in pairing mode and allow you to search for the device from the hub.

@Ryan780 : thanks for the tips, you helped me get up and running. It's strange I had two wildly different experiences between the two sets, both their controllers are in the same outside junction box which in turn is located near/within-15-ft-of five different Hue bulbs so I am confident there is ZigBee signal nearby.

So the one strip, first time paired right away, it's as good as gold.

I'll just recap the second one to help the next person running across this thread:
Did the 5-second reset cycle, the bulbs didn't react to that. I couldn't get the standard Gardenspot reset to work either (1 second in between cycles) and finally pulled up an online stopwatch app and did the on-off-pausing-for-a-second and finally got it, the LEDs did their three color cycle indicating ready-to-pair.

Pulled up the Hubitat dashboard, searched for Zigbee device and it found it, but again as just as type "Device", no model id, no manufacturer name, just that it found "something". I manually set the device to the proper type and now I've got both sets of lights up and running with Habitat. I've got both sets of lights in my dashboard now and can control on/off, color and dimmer level.

Thanks again all. Onto the next hurdle, getting my myQ garage door stuff to work properly.

These might actually be causing a problem if they are directly connected to Hubitat. Search for any of the posts discussing ZLL bulbs and ZHA devices on the same network.

And if they are on the Hue bridge, then they won't play any part in connecting your garden spots to HE. They are on a separate network.