Lightify 2 Button Dimmer Switch Model 73743

I started setting up my bathroom motion lights and everything is going smooth. I use Tradfri E12 Candelabra bulbs and Iris motion sensors for the automations. I also normally use Lightify 2 button dimmers to keep the family from turning off the lights at the switch.

In ST I had no problem assigning on and off for the buttons to work the lights. Hubitat found the button easily but did not assign a working driver. I chose generic z-wave switch but cannot figure out if that is correct or I need something else. In the lighting app all I see is buttons for on and off and of course it does not show as a button. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. So far I love the hub. Just a noob for some of these details.

Thanks

The lightify 2 button dimmer, like other lightify devices, is zigbee, not zwave.

It’s a very useful device, but complicated. There are actually three different smartthings DTHs for it, depending on the functionality you want to get out of it.

I don’t know if anyone has it working with hubitat yet, but I wanted to mention the alternative functionality.

1 Like

JD thanks for the response. I meant Zigbee, I don’t know why I put Z-wave. I forgot I had actually installed custom DTH’s in ST for the button. I will go back and try to use one of those with Hubitat.

1 Like

As one guy inone of my engineering classes used to say in college: "Too many Z's!"

:sleeping:

Did you get the Lightify 2 button switch working?

No. I haven’t had the time to devote to it. I tried all the ST DTH’s and none of them worked. It is one of the last things (besides Sonos) I need to get working. Otherwise the hub has been perfect.

I’ve had the Lightify 2 button dimmer switch for about a week and it’s been working pretty well. Once or twice after sitting overnight the first button press will register twice. There haven’t been any drop outs or other issues yet. I modified the ST driver with the change for Hubitat’s PushableButton capability. I haven’t tested the held events yet, though.

2 Likes

held events do not work properly, also using one button as on and the other as off is a bit weird. Sometimes it will work fine and other times I will turn off lights and they half turn off then turn on and half turn off or a combo. The buttons maybe do not have good communication with the hub or possibly the hub cant process the buttons fast enough.

Has anyone tried our irisFob driver with this?
The button mappings may not be correct, but if pushed and held work, a two button version could be built.

I dont know if its an issue with zigbee, but Held does not work most of the time. I have iris fobs but they were worse, at least on smartthings, so I quit using them.

Iris fobs work great on Hubitat.

The ported ST driver above is working for me, thanks.

I’m having a problem with the dimmer seemingly falling off the zigbee network when its in its regular spot on the wall. Bringing it closer to the hub seems to restore connectivity.

Guess I’ll look into adding a zigbee repeater to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again.

OK. I must be thickheaded. I cannot get the dimmer to turn off and on lights. I am using the modified driver above and it seems to install it fine. I don’t want dimming or holding, just simple on and off. I’ve tried ABC, the button app and rule machine and it just will not do it. I use these dimmers in ST to stop my family from turning off lights that I have setup to work on motion. Work great. I have Tradfri bulbs that work fine in this scenario. If someone can help me I would appreciate it.

For some reason this driver is only registering button 1 for me. The device worked on a previous system with the pre-ported version of this driver. Button 1 works as pressed and held. I'm using them with ABC. When I look at the device page I only see press/held for button 1. Any suggestions?

mr @mike.maxwell sir this one does not seem to be registering button pushes using driver code in thread above. here are logs from connecting the device then trying enroll response and configure buttons ... along with pushing the 2 physical buttons a few times.

2018-06-06 23:42:08.655:debugConfiguring Reporting, IAS CIE, and Bindings.
2018-06-06 23:41:44.769:errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: dev15283535720331134093349.enrollResponse() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (enrollResponse)
2018-06-06 23:41:21.770:debugdescription is read attr - raw: 98610100010A2000201D, dni: 9861, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0001, size: 0A, attrId: 0020, encoding: 20, value: 1D
2018-06-06 23:41:21.216:debugParse returned [:]
2018-06-06 23:41:21.214:debugdescription is catchall: 0104 0500 01 01 0040 00 9861 00 00 0000 0B 01 0081
2018-06-06 23:41:20.220:debugParse returned [:]
2018-06-06 23:41:20.209:debugdescription is catchall: 0104 0500 01 01 0040 00 9861 00 00 0000 04 01 861000
2018-06-06 23:41:15.853:debugRefreshing Battery

any guidance on what changes to driver might help?

thank you.

edit: [id: 570, name: Device, label: Lightify, deviceNetworkId: 9861, hubId: 1, parentDeviceId: null, isComponent: null, locationId: 1, deviceTypeId: 424, zigbeeId: 8418260000E8F1EC]

I have one of these now, will write a driver for it. You can take out enroleResponse, this device doesn't have the IAS cluster.

3 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear that.

Button controller status report...

The keypads aren't really button controllers, they will be released using a new capability securityKeypad.

5 Likes

Yes!!

If I can get my Iris keypads moved over from ST, I can say goodbye to SHM once and for all (need to maintain WAF).

HSM sounds like a subtle change (just two letters changing place :wink:), but it’s not a cloud-dependent alarm system like SHM, which is a hugely important difference :grin:.

Looking forward to making that change when the keypad support is live.

What button controllers are the two rounds ones? I've never seen those before...