Light Timer

I have a rule to turn lights on after I enter my front door lock code. I would like to dim certain lights and turn off others after I have been home a certain amount of time, say 5 minutes. Can't seem to figure out how to do this and would appreciate help from anyone that could assist me with this.

Welcome to Hubitat

The same rule that you are using to turn the lights on after you enter the front door lock code.

Add more actions to that rule to turn the lights off and dim the ones you want and click the delay and add 5 minutes to those actions.

Here is an example

3 Likes

Worked perfectly - Thank you!

1 Like

My driveway lights are automated to turn on at sunset and turn off at midnight.
If I arrive home after midnight, my Home Mode triggers the driveway light to turn on. I would like to set a timer for them to turn off after a few minutes (or once I'm inside and lock the front door). However, I only want this to happen between midnight and sunrise, since I want the driveway lights to stay on until midnight if I arrive home before 12AM (that is, the timer would be disabled).

I'm sure there is an easy way to set up this rule, but I'm not able to make it happen using RM or Simple Lighting apps, since I can't find a "between certain times" option to apply restrictions.

What's the simplest way to make a timer work only between certain times of the day (hopefully, without using if-else commands)? Thanks

1 Like

I actually have the same exact question as @tavediss and couldnā€™t figure out how to work the ā€œbetweenā€ times as well. Youā€™d think it would be in the ā€œcertain timeā€ parameters. Could someone please help out? Thanks!

Edit just found this but it seems convoluted (RM could really use a simpler ā€œbetween timeā€):

I have my lights come on for 5 minutes after I get home from work. Then after 5 minutes they turn off and only 1 set is left on and dimmed.

Select Trigger Events (ANY will trigger)

Lock code entered on Front Door Lock: Pete

Select Actions for After Work 1
IF (Day in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday(F) AND
Time between 22:00 and 00:00(F) [FALSE]) THEN
On: Basement Switch, Entrance, Man Cave, Bathroom
Off: Man Cave 2, Hallway 1, Man Cave 3, Man Cave 4, Hallway 2, Basement Switch, Entrance, Man Cave 1 --> delayed: 0:05:00
Broken Action
Set color: Bathroom ->Daylight ->Level: 5

1 Like