Light switches

Hi could you point me in the direction of the driver please.

@bwousley - What batteries does the scene selector use? Looks like a nice alternative to the Philips Hue button.

@bwousley Do these repeat?

Hi, Of course :slight_smile:

Hi @RikH,

To be honest, i've no idea! :slight_smile: Tho more than happy to find out if u can tell me how, Sorry still new to this.

Hi @BlackCatPeanut,

They were 2 button batteries, I assumed CR232's, but i didn't check, will confirm later when i get a moment... Edit: Confirmed. Thanks,

1 Like

Can you navigate to here (change to your IP) and perhaps post the output (if you dont mind?)

http://HUB_IP/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

It will show you something like this, with the name of the device.

This may show if its a repeater or not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Of course, Thats all a bit strange to be honest,

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Porch, 19A8], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:7
[Brass, 31DF], LQI:251, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:7
[Bobbin, 6503], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:5
[ceiling, 6620], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:7
[Roses light, 6E5F], LQI:215, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:7
[bedroom Light, 6F0C], LQI:155, age:3, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Standing, 9917], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:7
[Coffee Pot, B2C5], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Roses light, 6E5F] via [Coffee Pot, B2C5]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [DrawingRoomControl, 521C] via [Brass, 31DF]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Brass, 31DF] via [Coffee Pot, B2C5]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [bedroom Light, 6F0C] via [Roses light, 6E5F]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Standing, 9917] via [Coffee Pot, B2C5]

Pretty much all of that is my IKEA kit. The only thing thats not is the "DrawingRoomControl" which is a Hue Dimmer. So neither of these devices are showing up... I don't have any other zigbee kit thats not showing up, just these 2.

Hope that helps!?

1 Like

Yes it helps, now we know they don't repeat. Which I should have known but I didn't get they where wireless. Only wired devices repeat as a rule of thumb. Thanks man!

@RikH - The scene Selector is wireless but the switch is wired.

All my Xiaomi switches are wired, but don't repeat. It does seem that only switches with neutral can repeat. Although I don't know 100% on that.

1 Like

Fair enough, I guess i just thought it was weird that all my repeating and non repeating devices were listed, except these... (Well the 1 other non repeating device i have!:slight_smile:)

If the list should contain both types, then why are these not listed? Does that mean that they are just connected directly to the hub, not routed...?

Yeah that URL doesn't always show all. That's why I use Xbees to see my whole zigbee network :wink:
If they were connected directly, you would have seen them listed here.

Child Data
child:[Office Motion Sensor, D0F1, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Olivers Bed Switch, 9A46, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Office Switch, E16A, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

1 Like