Light switches

Sorry, new to all this - do these switches have a temperature sensor in them as well? I couldn't see that on the spec on AliExpress.

I'm very sorry that I did not reply, I missed that email. Did you get your answer?

No worries, and no, I didn't, but it's looking increasingly like I'm going for the AOne devices so if you don't have the information to hand then don't worry about it to much on my account.

Thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

They do have them, there is a slight change in the app code to get these, however these are not accurate nor calibrated. There is no specific temp sensor in the switch, it's a built in one in the chipset and should be considered a guide

OK, thanks, good to know

Have you managed to find any pricing on theirs? I’ve looked all over the place and couldn’t find much. Any links would be appreciated :+1:

Most of it is done through wholesalers, if you let me know what you want I can get some price's.

1 Like

I've found a couple of companies but they all seem to be similar prices

For example PEC lighting are selling the single dimmers for £50 and the doubles for £94: Aurora AOne AU-A1ZB2WDM1P 1 Gang Smart Rotary Dimmer Module & Plate

They do the modules and the sockets too.

I've got a couple of requests for quotations out there too as it's looking like I'm going to need about 24 of the plug sockets in order to provide the home automation I want as well as the aesthetic look that I need!

2 Likes

Thanks both. Finally found some links, the ones you mentioned. I remember looking a while back and couldn’t find anything.

Does anyone know if their kit act as repeaters or just end devices?

If powered all their stuff repeats as I understand it. Mike has a massive box off all there kit. He tested the kinetic energy stuff and that won't currently work with HE but once things change he thinks it will be easy to get going.

Just a note though, they are releasing updates on alot of there stuff so currently you need ST or their hub for that. I would like to hope HE is working on ZigBee upgrades and I know Aurora will happily provide the updates to them.

1 Like

Ah thanks that’s really good to know as I was just reading about those.

Great deal on eBay ATM 10 in-line dimmer units for £115 :smiley: shame I could only use a few of those, thanks to this 60’s built house :neutral_face: but not a bad deal if you can use them.

1 Like

Good to know :+1: yeah also have ST here.

For that price you could buy them used the ones you need and sell the rest and get your money back!

1 Like

Hey All,
I'm based in the UK, so followed this with interest, though i got lost! :slight_smile: I've ordered these 2 off of Amazon, and thought they were pretty cheap, and i have found them to work perfectly...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081J1RB86/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B086W858SW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've looked on ali express, and can find the scene selector a couple of quid cheaper, but not much at all, but can't see anything like the lightswitch.

Is this the kind of thing you guys were looking for, or am i missing something!? and should i be saving myself cash looking on the chinese sites better!?

Thanks,

How are the switches seen in HE, do they create separate switches for each one?
And how is the 3 button one?

I have both in my basket, just in case :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Long delivery times though. Straight from China I suppose.
Look good though.

Hey,

Perfectly imho! :slight_smile:

Switch - Paired it, then i faffed a bit and change the driver to the Nue one (Not sure if i should have done this...) but it created 2 child devices, and they work perfectly and independently... Had it about 2-3 weeks, and no drama at all. The one "Problem" is that the back is quite deep. The switch i have it on is wall mounted so i bought a 5cm Patress (That room is being re-furbished soon, so no drama) but if you planning on putting it "in the wall" just make sure there is some decent depth in the wall. (you could probs get away with 4 cm, maybe 3.5, but i just wanted it on the wall and working so wasn't faffing...)

Scene controller - again paired it, and then managed to find a drive on here for it (Zemismart one), and all 3 buttons work with the 3 presses (tap, double tap and hold) . done.

2 Likes

Yeah, They turned up a week or 2 early, but yeah, coming from china! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brilliant, thanks! :slight_smile:

They do look very nice too :wink:

2 Likes

Good find

1 Like