LIFX Local Control

Feel free to take the big colour table from my code (https://github.com/robheyes/lifxcode) - I can't remember how complete it is but the link to the original list of colours is in the comment at line 2209 in LIFXMasterApp.groovy

1 Like

It might even be handy to have the colour table as a built-in class so it can be used for drivers for other devices.

2 Likes

Does the Hubitat App LIFX integration work locally? If so, once I've added a light to the lifx app and then into Hubitat via the integration, if I then remove the LIFX app and block it from the internet will it continue to work?

The built-in LIFX integration is fully local.

Yes.

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks for confirming aaiyar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm not sure why you'd remove the LIFX app from your mobile device though, you have to have it to register new LIFX devices.

I decided to go into this app (LIFX Master) and scan again and it removed ALL my other bulbs and refuses to find them again.
This is very annoying that it would remove the existing bulbs.

Is this app/driver broke and no longer used? Anyone know?

There is native LIFX support now, have you tried using it?

My recollection is that there were two "discover" buttons, one removed all and rediscovered from scratch, and another that only discovered new devices.

There is no active development on this app/drivers, since Hubitat added native support - but it should still work as it did before.

Oh, I clicked the regular "Discover" button, that must be it. But it isn't finding them again which is frustrating.
But if they added native support, might as well switch over to that. Thanks.