LIFX Local Control

Something's clearly broken with the current version's scanning. Can you see all the device drivers in the Drivers Code page?

For me it's not correctly displaying the progress for some reason. I'll see if I can fix that.

These are the ones I have, I just did a "repair" through hub package manager to make sure everything was up-to-date.

Where do I find the ID these new bulbs come up as?

OK looks like these new A19 bulbs come up as ID 93. So I added " case 93:" at line 1592 in the master app and now it works.

Thanks, I've added that.

Also added some code to treat all unknowns as a LIFX White Mono. Not going to release it yet since I'm still seeing weirdness with the display of discovered devices.

I'll try to fix it this weekend.

Hmm... can anyone else confirm that device discovery no longer correctly displays the list of discovered devices?

I assume this is something that has cropped up in 2.2.7 (possibly just the latest revision) - it's very difficult to inspect the page because of the page refresh, I'll have a word with one of the web devs at work tomorrow to see if they know of any tools that might help.

I see this when I select the discovered devices drop down (which just sends me here). I don't know if this is expected behaviour or not.

When I was discovering new devices that page is blank until the very end when it has finished and then it shows all the devices.

That's what I'd expect to see. But It used to display that list during discovery (refreshing every 6 seconds by default), but for some reason it isn't. And there should be a progress bar as well.

I've fixed the bug with that null in the message, but the message should probably drop the 'so far' once discovery is finished.

I am very happy with my LIFX bulbs after years of use. I also appreciate the LIFX local driver for my HE7. Everything seems to work perfectly.

And yet, is there some way to stop these from showing up in my log?

Screenshot_20210710-150516_Firefox

1 Like

Not in the current version - that's from the polling that happens once a minute. For some reason there's a problem with your hub communicating with device 1892. Does that device respond to commands properly?

Either it's turned off, or there's a WiFi issue of some sort.

Bug fix for HE version 2.2.8 - change to setColorTemperature which now takes a level and transitionTime parameter.

Also added a new driver LIFXUnknown.groovy - this will be used whenever the LIFX product id is unknown and only provides very basic functionality. You can manually change the driver in the device's settings to the correct driver.

The HPM package has been updated, you should only see this update if you're running 2.2.8 I think. If you're not using 2.2.8 I'd recommended importing the LIFXUnknown driver from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/robheyes/lifxcode/master/LIFXUnknown.groovy

2 Likes

Is there a trick to getting devices to discover, I can’t discover my light and i know it’s on network. H.a finds it and im looking at the ip

Is it on the same network as the hub? What are the IP addresses of the hub and light?

100%

Even works on h.a

Are there any errors in the log when you run discovery?

None

I'll see if I can add more debug logging - are you running version 2.2.8 of the Hubitat firmware? I'm asking because the latest branch is only intended for 2.2.8 and above, and it'll be easier not to diverge too much.

1 Like

1 Like

Anyone having issues commanding LifX via Webcore? Tried to set levels and finding that the actual assigned level becomes something else (i.e. 100% set becomes 54%). Random color setting is also not working well. Can anyone point me in a right direction?
Thanks,

I've not used Webcore since moving to Hubitat. I can't think of any reason it would be failing like that. I assume it works okay with non-LIFX devices?

Correct. Just reset my lifx to have static IPs, but yea other webcore pistons working well.
This exact piston was on Smartthings and worked flawlessly