LIFX LED Strips - use in Scenes

Hey everyone,

I would like to be able to use Multi Zone Templated of my LIFX LED Strips in Scenes.

For example, I want to set up a scene, that switches on the LED Strip and uses a theme similar to the "exciting" Color Template from the LIFX App

I thought this would be straightforward as they are now recognized as LIFX Multizone Devices, and that I would be able to capture the current State of the LIFX Strip.

But when I try to capture it, it captures only one of the colors¯_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't been able to find the way to capture all the colors of the Strip, Is there something obvious I am missing here?

AFAIK this isn't supported with Scenes - I'm assuming you're using the LIFX Local Control App/Drivers?

If so, you can certainly capture the multizone state with the driver, and likewise re-apply it. Rule Machine can call the custom command to re-apply the multizone state... This could probably trigger off of the activation switch for the scene turning on?

I am also under the impression that I can capture the Multizone State and re-apply it.

But I haven't been able to find the way to do that.

This is what I see in the Device Page - so it's correctly reflected

What I don't know how to do is to capture this in a way I can re-use later. Do you have any idea on how that could happen?

I've packed my one multizone device away until I can mount it on the wall, but I seem to remember that there's a Zones Save button which expects a name, and a corresponding Zones Load button. I'm not sure if the use of child zones has any impact on this.

Once you've saved the zones you should be able to use a custom action in Rule Machine to load the named zones.

Thank you very much! Seems to be working.

To make it work I created a new button, that ZoneLoads on Push.

1 Like