LIFX bulbs vanish with reboot/OS updates

My bad :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nope. The same. Just lost all LIFX. Will wait they will reappear.

1 Like

Under switch control, is jumbo frames enabled? If so disable it.

Sorry to hear that. I would revert the changes that I suggested.

It is disable.

1 Like

Yeah I doubt it would have done anything to help but making sure it was off for HE (HE doesn't deal well with jumbo frames)

That said it's still a strange issue. I have several lifx bulbs and they never do that. @bcopeland and suggestions for @JM4522 ??

@aaiyar @rlithgow1 thanks for your advices and clues. Everything I was reading after your comments pointed to the multicast mode... again. So I couldnt believe what @aaiyar suggested me to do didnt have any impact.... After more reading, just did another test this morning after making sure that IGMP was on (even if I did the test yesterday):

Rebooted HE and I now have Lifx discovered immediatly. I really dont know what happened yesterday. Either a Snafu or a Code 18...

In anycase I'll monitor it again but it looks this setting change had an effect

Thanks for everyone support in leading me in the right direction.

2 Likes

multicast is definitely needed for lan integrations like that (this includes homekit) So glad you got it running!!!!!!

Well - I was 12 days without rebooting. Did a reboot after upgrating to the latest version - Problem is still there unfortunately.

Hitting Refresh will sometime force a discovery sometime not - Just need to wait and eventually they show up