Life360 continued problem

This is the second time this has happened in the last 2 weeks. I noticed this morning that my wife's presence hadn't updated when she arrived last evening. Upon further research, my leaving and return this morning did not update. I pressed the refresh virtual button, but still no update.

Then I opened the Life360 connector and discovered my configuration was empty. It showed login as OK, but the Circle, Place, and Family members fields were blank. Once I filled them in, all was OK again.

I've heard an app is in the works with mobile presence. Hopefully they'll have learned from SmartThings and Life360 how to do it right... Hopefully...

Same here, in fact Bobby from Support contacted me again to and indicated they have been able to reproduce the issue and they are investigating

Rick

It happened again today. I opened the Life360 app, and it showed login as "Failed". And all the configuration was gone.

I just noticed the same thing happening to my configuration as well. Not sure when this started happening.

This exact same scenario happened to me today. Yesterday it worked fine, today all settings were empty. The only thing that I have done is restart my phone for other reasons this morning.
I can't see how this would affect HE and cause mine and my wife's info to go AWOL.
Any ideas?

1 Like

Interesting. Min has been rock solid for quite some time.

1 Like

Yeah. Me too. Until today.

1 Like

Mine disappear from time to time as well, Bobby from Support said they were able to reproduce the issue and were working on a fix.... that was 5-6 weeks ago

Rick

1 Like

Hi @bobbyD
Any more information on this issue?

1 Like

Been watching this for a little while.
Life360 to stopped once recently for me too.
Running through the configuration again fixed so I haven't reached out to support since it's only been the once.

My Life360 has been pretty solid until recently as well. I set up a bunch of items to force a refresh before I open the front door but the issue always appears to happen again.

Today I walked into my home to get bombarded with intrusion alerts again. This time (thanks to past logs) I was able to see an error in my logs. Opening the Connector app and hitting done caused a refresh without the error. Hopefully this us helpful to @mike.maxwell and team to narrow down the issue. See below.

Did one of your members disable location tracking in their life 360 app?

There's still open spots for eval on the system I'm launching :slight_smile: And I have validated it works with Hubitat with the Maker API with the Cloud end point. Just have to use a VS on/off home/away :sunny: yes it's a shameless plug! :smile:

Nope.

I had the same problem happen today too - the configuration was empty. Never happened before, it's been solid for well over a month before today.

On a more relevant note there's been issues from the HomeSeer crowd with Life360 as well which leads me to think it's a Life360 issue.

However that does not explain the information from within Hubitat vanishing for some people?

Although Life360 continues to be trouble free for me, my Ecobee integration seemed to lose it's configuration last night in the same way. This happened once before, about a week after the Ecobee integration was released.

I've been keeping a little bit of an eye on my logs as of late. At some point recently (not sure if it's yesterdays update, today's hotfix, or just the random breaking of the app) the log started spewing this out:

Error:[errorMessage:Not Found, url:/v3/circles//webhook.json, status:404]

I do have a trigger that pokes the Life360 refresh button every minute.

The App config page says the Login is "OK", but the circle information is blank.
I selected my circle, place, and people again and is started working again.
No more errors.
More information for the issue.

Hopefully the Hubitat app comes soon.
Might try Homebridge iOS location soon...

Every minute???!!! Wow, that seems a bit excessive. I issue a refresh when either garage door opens, and that seems like a bit of overkill to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like