Life360 continued problem

Yeah I've got it on front door open as well. Maybe I'll just leave that. Life360 died again tonight. Going to try iOS homebridge location over the weekend. Or tonight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I must agree, one minute is not doing your hub any favors... I've been closely watching life360 over the past two weeks via a dashboard i setup. I don't run refresh at all on it. In the past two weeks it's only lost one event for me, however the other three circle members updated correctly whilst I was stuck away.

Life360 was good for the first week or so but I started to notice what others I think are noticing.
I said to myself this is a local hub it can handle it, not realizing that I was talking about a cloud service.
I'm done with it and that trigger now.
We'll see how Apple Home location performs writing to a virtual presence sensor's switch.

Until the glorious official Hubitat app comes out...

Settings gone again today

@bobbyD anything on this yet?

Rick

I run a RM rule to refresh Life360 with the Life360 button device that was created every 4 hours.

After failing to get iOS geofencing working with homebridge I re-setup life360. It's been working for over a week...

I have a Rule that is run every time my laundry room door is opened like 10 times per day, to refresh Life360..... no luck

My wife and I went to work ever day this week

Rick

Life360 is just plain unreliable now it seems. I really can't wait until the mobile app is released hopefully this year.

Has this resolved the issue of all the saved data going missing?
I'm away at the moment so nothing has changed for 10 days and on checking, the data has gone missing again.

I just wanted to chime in and say I have been testing this service and it shows lots of promise. I have had a few bumps along the way however @jeubanks has been most responsive and supportive. I can see this system having a lot of uses.

My life360 is bulletproof again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But cool.

I've been on HE with Life 360 for about a month. It's been rock solid for my wife and I both.

1 Like

Again my Life360 connector has lost all configuration even though it says the login was OK. No circle, family or users was there.

It's getting old.......

2 Likes

Happened to me this morning. 4th time so far since going to 2.0.2. Not saying it is a 2.0.2 problem, rather I couldn't even get it to install pre-2.0.2 so have no experience on versions earlier than that.

1 Like

Apparently my Life360 lost all config on December 8th, and I hadn't noticed until now.

1 Like

@bravenel @bobbyD

This is a built-in app so the problems are directly your fault.... you can't blame webcore for this. Fix it... please make it a high priority because with a unstable presence sensor RM rules and HSM is pretty much crippled.

1 Like

I’m not a developer, so please forgive my ignorance. But is it really fair to say that because it’s a built-in app, it’s HE staff’s “fault” if it’s not working right? It’s an integration with another cloud-connected service that they don’t control.

Obviously they have more of an incentive, or even obligation, to try to get it working well. Unlike with webcore. So hopefully they will prioritize this, since I share your frustration when various automations don’t function as intended due to inaccurate presence detection. As do many other users, I’m sure.

But IMHO, finger pointing is less likely to accomplish anything useful than constructive criticism.

5 Likes

yep, what @marktheknife said.
Perhaps if anyone affected by Life360 stability issues has seen success by rolling back their HE version, they could report in ??

I was using Life 360 but have moved over to using "Locative" now and it's been even more accurate (down to about 50m)

2 Likes

I also tried out Locative and liked it, so switched all my presence automations to use that. For me, the ability to set different geofence sizes for arrival and departure is helpful.

We’re all essentially just waiting out the clock til the HE app is released, with native geolocation, aren’t we?

From that perspective, I don’t really mind if they don’t prioritize the Life360 integration, if it means committing more development resources to the HE app.

Locative ? I searched the forum for it and don't see anyting