Life 360 wont set location

Thanks. I’ll have to try that.

I can confirm that what istyle180 said does work. It seems that the life360 website and phone app don't completely work and play well together.

Thanks for finding this. It has been driving me crazy. This worked for a long time and then one day it just stopped working. When I went into the HE, my place was gone and nothing I did would get it to work. I thought it might not be a HE issue though, because I couldn't get it to work on my Smartthings hub either, even though it previously worked as well. The first time I set it up, I didn't need to do anything on the Life360 website and I don't even remember logging into it. Must have been broken in an L360 update.

Thanks for this !! I screwed up my settings today, couldn't remember how to set it back up.

It looks like Life360 disabled the web portal entirely. I'm not sure how to set up the integration now, since the Places field doesn't seem to be populating at all.

1 Like

Yep... Doesn't seem to be a way to add a "place" anymore.

Me too. The Life360 WEB portal has gone so no way to use the Hubitat inbuilt Life360 app anymore as it doesn't show Places.

Any chance of a fix!

Any solution for this? I just need a reliable means of geofencing.

If you use iOS, look into Geofency. Works very well.

You can still use life 360. I found a way!

What you need to do is join a second person to your account. Then use them to authorize the place from there mobile. Once done you can remove them.

This is what I did and it worked fine. Just a bit of a pain!

I did contact Life360 and they are not interested at all.

2 Likes

This worked perfectly. Thank you!!

I'll try this when I get some time to sit down and go through it. There seem to be some good ideas in here. Thank you for taking the time to share.

I think i have it set up, but I'm testing by changing between move and significant monitoring and I'm not seeing any logging or events. Any ideas?

My locations are all in the Monitored list. If you select one with the 3 vertical dots, and then Settings, Webhook, make sure HTP Method is POST (JSON). Then select Enter or Exit. What message do you get?

Also, did you turn on Debug Mode in the Geofency App?

Since I'm on Android, I used OwnTracks. Forgive me but I'm a bit of a newbie and don't recognize those things to look for. I've poked around and I'm not finding them.

I can't help you then. I assumed you were using Geofency on iOS. Sorry.

No problem. Thanks anyway.