Life 360 login help

Life360 users are experiencing major problems this weekend. Was hoping it is a temporary problem, but reports on Life360 social media indicate that the problem is deeper than they expected. I would not do anything at this time until they resolve the problem. You may want to simply disable the integration so the the hub isn't looking for your missing account. Also, may want to keep an eye on their social media channels for the latest on their outage:

https://twitter.com/Life360/status/1685344696942596096?t=QRA_NBzY7R8LYdGhwjev5Q&s=19

3 Likes

Thanks - I don't have "X" anymore - deleted a while back. Their web site simply says you may have a problem please retry. The IOS app was working and continues to work.

Strangely the three people I have set up all reported us home last night despite the app reporting Login Failed. The reason I noticed it last night was because I was trying to add two more people and I went into the app to select them and this is when I noticed the Login Failed.

So existing people appear to be reporting - can't add new people.

Update life360 endpoints by alexyao2015 · Pull Request #7 · pnbruckner/life360 (github.com)
They changed a few items:
I confirmed it works with the Life360+ integration by making the following changes:

• Change the domain url from https://api.life360.com to https://api-cloudfront.life360.com

• change the client id to:
    Y2F0aGFwYWNyQVBoZUtVc3RlOGV2ZXZldnVjSGFmZVRydVl1ZnJhYzpkOEM5ZVlVdkE2dUZ1YnJ1SmVnZXRyZVZ1dFJlQ1JVWQ==

• add the user-agent head to all requests "com.life360.android.safetymapd"

1 Like

Thanks for posting this - where exactly do I make these changes?

This is for HA. NOT HE?

@tonesto7 is speaking about changes for HE. He modified the community Life360+ app with the changes he mentioned above to get to work.

Maybe @jpage4500 can take @tonesto7's suggestions and make this work again with his version of the app.

@bobbyD see the post above for potential fix to get the stock Life360 app working again.

4 Likes

I really hope they can get the stock integration working

1 Like

WORKING NOW!

Just heard our arrival announcements.

Still getting Login Failed here.

same just tried not working

Well damn. I checked and it said ok now it says failed again

Thanks for the info. It looks like the migration to their new server has not been completed for all accounts, as there are still major issues being reported even for non-API users. We are following this issue and will make the necessary changes when there will be no more incidents reported. Meanwhile we recommend to not make any changes to your Life 360 accounts, even if they appear to no longer be active.

6 Likes

It's interesting that all they have on their support site is try again later. Not great support.

However, I suppose the majority of their users are already logged in and not using the API. My phone is logged in and working fine. I cannot log any new devices in. And of course the API appears to be mostly hosed.

Mine is back to saying ok again. See how long it lasts. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Have you tested that it is actually working? I can't even login to the web site so they clearly have an extended problem.

Have they posted any updates? I don't have Twitter X for obvious reasons. On Facebook people are continuing to post that login is not working and an auto-responder is telling them that the problem has been solved.

It’s been fixed

2 Likes

It is now working for me, in the last hour.

2 Likes

Fixed for me too.

1 Like

Just started failing for me:

app:8312023-08-22 22:51:08.277warnUnable to get token for life360 authorization.
app:8312023-08-22 22:51:08.236errorgetToken Error:[errorMessage:Client is not valid/enabled, status:403, url:/v3/oauth2/token.json]
app:8312023-08-22 22:51:07.467debugparams : [grant_type:password, username:***, password:***] [Authorization:Basic ***]