Leviton Z Wave Plus switches and dimmers are not updating when operated physically

Hi, I'm running version 2.3.5.125 on my C-8 Hub. My Leviton z-wave switches and dimmers are not updating in Hubitat when operated locally. They work and update fine from Hubitat. All Leviton devices are z-wave plus and are at the latest firmware as of summer of 2022. Firmware version 1.22 for the DZ6HD and Firmware version 1.23 for the DZ15S. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Try the the 3rd party "Leviton Z-Wave Plus Dimmer" driver. That's what I'm using and don't have any problems.

That's the one I'm using. I'm about to go back to a generic and see if it will update from a physical change.

Be sure to click Configure while changing drivers.

1 Like

You sure you are not using the built in Leviton driver which I believe is for non-plus devices?
Or you tried this custom driver (below) and having this issue? Works fine in all testing from myself and other users.

1 Like

I've been using a custom "Leviton Decora Z-Wave Plus Dimmer" Driver and it had been working fine. I just went back to built in "Leviton DZ6HD Z-Wave Dimmer" driver and it worked. Not sure why the custom driver stopped working. I'm having the same issue with the switches and they have are using the "Generic Z-Wave Plus Switch" Driver. I'll try the custom driver you sent me. Appreciate all the suggestions from everyone.

My driver only supports the dimmers, but if there is not a built in driver that is working correctly for the switch, I could probably convert the dimmer driver over to work for the switch as well.

Just installed your driver and it worked as well. I'm going to install it on my remaining dimmers. Let me know if you do do the conversion for a Leviton Switch. Thanks for your help.

I dont have a switch to test with, so would only do it if needed. If there is a system driver that works for it I would use that. According to the compatibility list the switches should be using "Generic Z-Wave Smart Switch" which is probably why it was not working for you using the other driver. The "Smart" driver is older and possibly supports the depreciated "hail" messages these devices use. I am guessing they removed that support from the "Plus" driver.

The "Generic Z-Wave Smart Switch" Driver worked. I'm back in business. Thanks for your help again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.