Let's talk 3D printers!

Agree.

Defects suck, but at least Bambu seems to be taking it seriously (as they should).

2 Likes

Ahh the good ol days of 3D Printing. My first printer the Anet A8 initially did not have any thermal runaway protection. If the heating element were to just pop out of the heat block, it would have kept dumping current into it until it burned up.

I had this happen on me once. Turns out continual heating and cooling cycles tends to loosen screws, even if torqued down properly. Luckily, I was right next to the printer and noticed the glowing red element floating around under the head. Ended up swapping the head out and all was well. But I really tried keeping an eye on that thing when printing (as well as a smoke alarm above it) so it didn't catch fire.

1 Like

Just found that in the heated bed screws. I could almost turn them with just my fingers.

3 Likes

100%. I’ve spent over a decade as a Major Incident and Problem Manager (I built my current function from scratch) and they’ve done the right thing. They’ve told folk what they know when they know it, what they are doing, and importantly, what customers can do to protect themselves.

You can’t ask for much more than that.

2 Likes

Thank goodness for 3D Printers, I forgot it was Valentine’s Day tomorrow, so I spent the evening making this:

The Rose was printed in vase mode and looks great!

PS, they aren’t my designs, I got them from printables.

4 Likes

I married another engineer specifically so I wouldn't have to celebrate valentine's day. :wink:

5 Likes

That’s genius! :rofl:

It backfires on occasion, but in general it has been great. She couldn't care less about Valentine's Day... We don't really buy each other Christmas presents, etc...

That said, I don't get out of Anniversaries or Mother's Day. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah there isn’t a woman alive who’d let her man forget those! :rofl:

My wife and I buy what we want for ourselves for birthdays and Xmas, and that works really well.

2 Likes

I printed mine this one. She loved it.

4 Likes

Hehe, I saw that model when I was looking for ideas. However, my wife has an underdeveloped sense of humour, and wouldn’t have appreciated it. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Ahh I love this game! We do the same thing more or less. Last year (although a month early) I got myself my X1C for my "birthday". Well more because I was fed up with my old printer, but I considered it a birthday gift to myself lol

2 Likes

Last week I asked my wife if I could buy an air compressor for my garage / CNC machine, she responded that I could just wait till my birthday in March. :rofl:

How dare she :joy: Though, the printer got through a little easier because her dad asked me to print something for him that wouldn't fit on my other printer. Between that and just being fed up with it in general, so I got the green light :sunglasses:

Though, she has definitely enjoyed the multicolor aspect of it as well. I recently have been playing with lightboxes, and she got a Barbie one which she loves!

1 Like

Nice! I'm planning to buy a P1S in May and I had to promise my wife I'd fix up my Heavily modified FF Adventurer 3 for our daughter who started High School this year. It's currently in bits again, as I was in the process of replacing the BLTouch with an optical sensor, when I lost interest. :smiley:

1 Like

Optical sensor? Is it pretty much a direct drop-in or does it require major modifications?

Electrically it's simple, but it needed a whole new main mount:

You can see this version in the later photos of my printable model:

https://www.printables.com/model/437968-flashforge-adventurer-3-klipper-revo-6-abl-btt-skr

1 Like
2 Likes

My Vorons can do a flawless benchy in under 15:00, and one that's at least as good as the winner on that list in well under 10:00. But I guess they're only comparing printers you can buy off Amazon or something.

2 Likes

Alright Then Keep Your Secrets GIF by hero0fwar

5 Likes