Leeo — Possible service shutdown

Yep, learning that now - thanks

1 Like

There are some community-developed virtual device drivers that have both switch/motion or switch/contact capabilities. That’s one workaround to expose the device as a trigger for alexa routines.

I'm gonna find those and give it a try - Thanks again!

1 Like

Oh dang. Any way to just make this run all the time? It would still be nice to get an alert if my house is burning down, and only one of us is there. :wink:

Yes. Just say Alexa enable guard mode. But the Led ring on dots will circle animate white the entire time to let you know it’s on.

1 Like

Oof. I’ll try it out later today. Hopefully I can do it on only one unit...

I’ll try out the feature on Wyze, too.

You can set up which devices you want Guard to use to listen. I have mine all enabled, but I’d assume that those that aren’t enabled won’t animate. For echo shows, the only indication that guard is enabled is a small shield icon on the screen there is no constant animation of the LCD. Definitely less distracting if you wanted it on all the time on those units

1 Like

Yep, your right the echos that are not enabled wont show the white ring - I got the Alexa Guard to turn on using a virtual contact sensor and a rule that if my HSM is set to armed that the virtual contact sensor is open and closed in 5 sec to reset, Then Alexa routine allows you to chose Guard in a routine to turn on Guard, BUT for some reason Alexa wont allow you to set guard to OFF using similar rule

1 Like

Yea, I don’t understand why Amazon doesn’t allow automated disabling.

I wonder if it has to do with the microphone being on, and their EULA or something like that.

Every morning, I wake up and say hello to Mr. Bezos on my Echos :joy:

2 Likes

It's because you don't want a bad guy outside yelling into the house to disarm Alexa Guard before he breaks a window. :grin:

Or use a laser: http://www.wired.com/story/lasers-hack-amazon-echo-google-home/amp

Th tat will most likely never happen. Thieves are not that smart or have the resources.

Lol. I definitely did that one time when I got locked out of my apartment a few years ago when I was on SmartThings.

As stated, i used a Hubitat virtual contact sensor to work with Alexa to turn on Alexa Guard when my HSM is armed. Since Amazon wont allow an Automation to turn off Alexa Guard, I made a rule that when HSM is disarmed to send me a reminder text ( I use Pushover and my wife uses her phone to also receive a Hubitat notification ) to TURN OFF Alexa Guard when we get home. I had always forgotten to turn off Alexa Guard and was reminded previously only when I noticed the white light circling on Alexa before I wrote this rule. Maybe this idea could help others.

Meh, I could never get anyone of my 9 wyzecams to alert, even when sitting on top of my smoke alarm. I have the setting enabled. Ah what do you expect for 20 bucks.
I'll have to try again when I get home.

Too bad about leeo, I loved those things and they were very reliable when they worked. I hope they release their API or someone hacks them.

1 Like

Same thing was said about the Halo's but with the Halo's the only that saved them from the bin was that it used Zigbee.

1 Like

I guess I should unplug my pretty purple nightlight and get back to the hacking at it.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. I should have done packet capturing with these before they went offline.

Oh well. We’ll see what those internal pins can tell us.

1 Like

So, I know this is bringing back an old thread... But I've finally had some time to hack on my Leeo. I managed to pull the flash chip and dump it. So I've got the whole running OS. Root password is not set. Primary user account is "debian", but have not retrieved the password to it yet. "debian" has sudo access.

8 Likes

This is amazing to hear!!!