Last updates breaks device reporting on one hub (does not break hub mesh)

No but since you did not answer all of my questions and it sounds like you think those questions are not relevant, that's my only response. Also, you stated yourself the devices were not reporting, which if they in fact did stop reporting my response is accurate. However, they probably are reporting but it is either not getting to the hub (mesh issue), or the hub is not processing them (hub issue).

There is a reason I was tagged on purpose to come check this thread.
I will send you a PM.

2 Likes

I'm sorry, but I disagree.

For example, you have not posted your entire z-wave details page. Just from the snippet you posted, it is clear there are additional devices (eg. 0x19). And from your response to @jtp10181, we learned there are probably additional Fibaro devices that aren't shown on that list.

Community members would like to help, but need adequate information.

One last question. Have you attempted a complete power-down for 30 seconds, and then restored power? Meaning: shutdown from the Settings page, remove power, wait 30 seconds, restore power.

because the list is too long to go in one snip, i can tell you there are no ghost devices and most devices have good signal, I have antennas on my c7 for zwave, i provided vpn access to jtp10181 now and we'll see if he can find anything.
I just tried 5 mins ago what you said and upgraded again to 2.3.6 and I' m waiting for the bug to happen again.

FWIW, z-wave mesh health is gauged by more than the absence of ghost devices and "good signal".

I hope you get your issue resolved.

I had zwave problems before, that's why I'm using 2 hubitats in mesh instead of 1. When zwave had too much traffic hubitat had a lot of missfires and lag when doing stuff.
I can control devices instantly from dashboard so this can't be a zwave hog problem and I wouldn't see why on 2.3.5 zwave would be fine but then get bad on 2.3.6.
Only automatic state changes from devices have problems, like going into a room and motion sensor remaining at no motion state but turning on/off a light manually works including from alexa and hubitat reports the new state correctly when doing that.

Am I the only one that is confused by the details provided so far?

@ady.adrianu : Is the problem only observed with the multisensor 6 devices? Can you clarify what you mean by "reporting"? So far you only provided some brief screenshots of logs; when you say "reporting" are you referring only to logging?

1 Like

Do the update. After the update, shutdown the hub then unplug power and wait 2 mins. Power back up. Are things fine now?

1 Like

it is not limited to multisensor 6, all devices stop reporting. Before the bug the mullti sensor reports motion change, temperature change, humidity etc, switches report power changes, none of them report anything after the bug happens unless I interact with them manually.

I'm waiting for the bug to happen again now after shutting down and keeping unplugged the hub for a bit.

When you say "power changes", are you referring to simply On/Off/Dim status changes? Or are you referring to electrical power usage statistics? Like how many Watts are currently flowing through the switch?

If you have Power/Energy reporting enabled for these Z-Wave devices, I would recommend DISABLING that feature on all Z-Wave devices to see if doing so has an impact on your Z-Wave mesh network stability.

4 Likes

i'm referring to watts changes, besides 2 switches that can't be disabled, others report pretty rarely , not enough to cause instability, i'm reminding i keep going back on forward from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 and on 2.3.5 the bug has NEVER happened but ALWAYS happening on 2.3.6.

Shutting down the hub for few mins doesn't fix anything, 10 mins ago all devices stopped reporting again, no new logs appear

Are you disconnecting power during that time?

You should still post your z-wave details page. Just do multiple snips, it will help us help you..

1 Like

yes, i've disconnected
Also I noticed lots of zwave crashes in logs, i will check if they happen while running 2.3.5 too, but keep in mind i can still control devices from dashboard instantly

The fact that your z-wave radio is crashing indicates either a bad radio or a bad device Finding it is the key. You're gonna have to turn on debug logs. I also don't know how you can do everything on a phone... would hurt my brain lol.

2 Likes

What debug logs, I already removed 1 motion sensor who i saw being the last one to report when the bug happens most of the time, could be a coincidence but will find out soon .
Maybe some device is not liking something in 2.3.6 and causes this crash to happen but you see how many devices and a lot are inside walls or ceiling , would take forever to disconnect all.
I'm not doing anything on a phone, i used to take a scrolling screenshot as i never did that on a computer.

For your devices.

Ok again, nothing has changed in z-wave from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6.... Nothing in the z-wave stack has been worked on in a while. Which suggests either a bad radio or a bad device. You might consider getting a Hub Protect subscription on that unit so you can get a replacement device.

2 Likes

Yeah I see the Zwave crashing is coinciding with when the events from the sensors stop coming in. Good catch, I always forget to look at that log tab. You will need to power down the hub for 10+ seconds and restart to make sure the zwave radio restarts, Then test further and see if the crash happens after any specific devices report in.

1 Like

already did that, I'm waiting for the crash to happen again now, hopefully is from there then we can see why it crashes only on 2.3.6.
Btw where is this error coming from and what is it ?

That error was from me, dont mind that. I installed a zwave mesh app so I could see the info a little better. The app is working now and wont throw any more errors, it only runs when you open it also.

2 Likes

Based on your hub's engineering logs that only go back to 9/7, you've had at least 10-15 crashes every day. since. The 2.3.6 update came out on 9/20, so the problems you are having started long before 2.3.6. You are dealing with a problem that can be solved by eliminating devices that may cause the radio to crash, or simply your radio is bad and the hub needs to be replaced.

5 Likes

yet 1st time after after noticing the problem on 2.3.6 i stayed on 2.3.5 for days without issues and used 2.3.5 for the entire night last night with no issues and 2.3.6 never works past an hour.
Also keeping in mind the zwave crashes notice how i can control my light from dashboard instantly and produces a status change even 30 mins after all reports stopped from the bug. So why devices report status change when controlling them manually but they stop reporting status change on their own ??? If zwave radio is dead my logic tells me i should not be able to control any device and the hub would not receive any device status change no matter if they are manually or automatically triggered.